Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgear Armor blocking a site but doesn't show URL to allow unblocking

orly6
Follower

Netgear Armor blocking a site but doesn't show URL to allow unblocking

I use PumpSpy to monitor my sump pumps and have never had a problem with receiving messages through my wireless network (PumpSpy only communicates to an associated app through the wireless network, no internet usage).  Two days ago, I started getting constant messages that Netgear Armor was denying access to a potentially harmful website (which is PumpSpy sending updates to its app about water level, warnings, etc.), but since there is no URL, there is nothing to unblock.  Is there any way to get Armor to ignore threats from a particular device?  Armor shows the device as "Inventek Systems iot" but I was able to confirm it is my PumpSpy devices being blocked.

Model: RBK53|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 1 of 17

Accepted Solutions
User987654321
Aspirant

Re: Netgear Armor blocking a site but doesn't show URL to allow unblocking

Okay, so that seems to have worked.  I went to the Netgear Armor page on the web and did as you said.  In the notification window, I clicked on the unblock.  Then I went to the app and turned off the Armor protection.  Reconnected my pumpspy to the network. I decided to put it on my guest network, since it was sending unencrypted data.  I'm doubtful if that would cause me issues, but at any rate, I feel safer...  Then I turned back on the Armor in the app, and it now seems to be connected without the annoying notifications every 15s.  Hopefully, this does the trick and it stays like this.  Thank you for all your help on this.  It was very frustrating!

View solution in original post

Message 10 of 17

All Replies
Cannonej76
Tutor

I am having the exact same issue with the Netgear notification saying Netgear Armor has detected that Inventek Systems iot is sending unencrypted….

The warning message won’t stop and it is annoying the **bleep** out of me.

I have had the PumpSpy for about 9 months and this just started happening overnight.

Can someone please help to fix the issue?
Message 2 of 17
timberwolfny
Guide

I found the solution of netgear armor blocking pumpspy is for the user to go to armor security on the app. Than on the time right under notification you will see it blocking the pump spy url and than you just have to click the notifcation and allow it and it will unblock it.

Message 3 of 17
Cannonej76
Tutor

Thank you. Can you clarify what you mean by on the app? Do you mean to click on the Security tile on the Orbi app?
Message 4 of 17
User987654321
Aspirant

Having the same issue, but there is no URL.  When you click the Unblock button, it just shows up in the Unblocked URL as "Privacy".  You can't even click on it or do anything with it.  Until there is a solution, I have to block the device in the router table.  Otherwise, every 10 seconds I get that same annoying notification.  I contacted PumpSpy as well and they are aware of the issue.  However, they just say to unblock the device in the router table, which just brings back the annoying notification!  It's a shame, I really like the device and has saved me a couple of times with my sump pump.  Would really like a solution on this one.  Notice there is no URL in the notification.

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 5 of 17
timberwolfny
Guide

I posted the wrong instructions you can't do it in the app you have to go to the Netgear armor website. On the top right on notifications is shows what was blocked and on that same notification you can unblock it. The app is useless alot of the times.
Message 6 of 17
Cannonej76
Tutor

Thanks. I tried the net gear website. When I go to Pump Spy it does not have a URL and doesn’t seem to do anything when I click unblock page.
Message 7 of 17
timberwolfny
Guide

after that i turn off armor and allowed the pump spy to connect back on and than turn armor back on it stayed connected hope that helps. It worked for me.

Message 8 of 17
timberwolfny
Guide

Also it may show ones you turn back on again armor might have another notification that it block pump spy just unblock the new url. 

Message 9 of 17
User987654321
Aspirant

Okay, so that seems to have worked.  I went to the Netgear Armor page on the web and did as you said.  In the notification window, I clicked on the unblock.  Then I went to the app and turned off the Armor protection.  Reconnected my pumpspy to the network. I decided to put it on my guest network, since it was sending unencrypted data.  I'm doubtful if that would cause me issues, but at any rate, I feel safer...  Then I turned back on the Armor in the app, and it now seems to be connected without the annoying notifications every 15s.  Hopefully, this does the trick and it stays like this.  Thank you for all your help on this.  It was very frustrating!

Message 10 of 17
Cannonej76
Tutor

Thank you. That worked! Hopefully it won’t break the PumpSpy connection again. Thanks for your help!
Message 11 of 17
User987654321
Aspirant

Well, after about 8 hours or so, the issue has returned.  I think we are going ot need Netgear support on this one.  It seems the A.I. is blocking the communication and there is no URL to allow.

Message 12 of 17
timberwolfny
Guide

Sorry to hear about it but mine is still connected.
Message 13 of 17
Cannonej76
Tutor

Unfortunately this seems like a temporary fix. The pump spy loses connection after about 8 hours and you have to repeat the steps.
Message 14 of 17
timberwolfny
Guide

It been working for me so far. On the 3rd day and it is still connected. But than if I can go back in time I would have never purchase this overprice unreliable router.
Message 15 of 17
lcourt1
Aspirant

I'm finding this fix is only lasting for a few hours before I have to repeat the process. Is anyone else having a similar experience?

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 16 of 17
User987654321
Aspirant

Yes, the solution only seems to work for a few hours for most.  I reached out to PumpSpy to see if they have contacted Netgear or have any solution.   Hopefully, they come up with a resolution soon.  If I hear anything, I'll post it.  I suggest that more of us reach out them so that they will understand how many people are affected. 

Message 17 of 17
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 16 replies
  • 4 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7