Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Unable to activate Netgear armor

wvwavere
Aspirant

Unable to activate Netgear armor

I recently purchased a Orbi 852 set with Armor and Parental control subscriptions.

Activating parental control worked without any issues, but when I attempt to activate Armor from the android app it only gives the option to activate a trial subscription.

If I attempt to activate the trial subscription I get an error saying "failed to subscribe"

When I log in to my.netgear.com I can see both subscriptions for Armor and parental controls.

When I log in to armor.netgear.com it shows I have no subscriptions.

I logged a case with bitdefender who had a look and advised I should talk to netgear as they can't see anything for my account on their side.

I logged a support case with netgear that has now been ongoing for more than a week and all I keep getting is do a factory reset, uninstall the mobile app and reinstall it - which I have done a few times now but still no luck in getting my subscription activated.

Any ideas?

Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
wvwavere
Aspirant

Re: Unable to activate Netgear armor

Installed a beta firmware version provided by support and another factory reset and the issue is now resolved.

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 6

All Replies
plemans
Guru

Sadly it usually does need to go through support. 

Maybe @DarrenM can help escalate it. 

Message 2 of 6
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @wvwavere

System shows that your case is already escalated to the next level of support team. We have notified support to follow up on your case and they should be contacting you as soon as possible to discuss the next action.

Regards,
Blanca
Community Team

Message 3 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Any progress on this? 

@wvwavere wrote:

I recently purchased a Orbi 852 set with Armor and Parental control subscriptions.

Activating parental control worked without any issues, but when I attempt to activate Armor from the android app it only gives the option to activate a trial subscription.

If I attempt to activate the trial subscription I get an error saying "failed to subscribe"

When I log in to my.netgear.com I can see both subscriptions for Armor and parental controls.

When I log in to armor.netgear.com it shows I have no subscriptions.

I logged a case with bitdefender who had a look and advised I should talk to netgear as they can't see anything for my account on their side.

I logged a support case with netgear that has now been ongoing for more than a week and all I keep getting is do a factory reset, uninstall the mobile app and reinstall it - which I have done a few times now but still no luck in getting my subscription activated.

Any ideas?

Message 4 of 6
wvwavere
Aspirant

Installed a beta firmware version provided by support and another factory reset and the issue is now resolved.

Message 5 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Glad you got it working. Be sure to save off a back up configuration to file for safe keeping. Saves time if a reset is needed.
https://kb.netgear.com/000062080/How-do-I-back-up-the-configuration-settings-on-my-Orbi-WiFi-System
Enjoy. 📡

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7