Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Unable to unblock URL

Unable to unblock URL

Starting this week, the Armor Security started blocking http://links.a.signalkit.com/ls/click which my son's school uses to send us flyers.  I went to the app on Android to try and unblock it, but I got a generic error "something went wrong" and the site stayed blocked.  I then proceeded to updated the app on my phone, restarted the Router and phone several times, and eventually get stuck where the app on the phone app times out trying to log in.  It tells me to "restart my device if this keeps happening."

Now I'm stuck.  I can't administer the Armour URL blocking as there is no override when using the web interface, the web admin app at http://routerlogin.net/ does not allow administration of Armour Security, and the phone app can't login.  The handful of times I was able to login on the phone and get to the unblock page, I always get the "something went wrong" notice.

What can I do to resolve this?

Router firmware: V1.4.1.68_1.3.28 

NIghthawk Android App: v2.8.5.1416

-Javier

Model: R7900|Nighthawk X6 AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 11
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Unable to unblock URL

Hi Javier,

May you provide a screenshot of the error that appears when you attempt to log into the Nighthawk app. May you also try reinstalling the Nighthawk app. 

Thanks,

Christian 

Message 2 of 11

I forget to mention in the post that I actually uninstalled, then re-installed the Nighthawk App on my phone.  Here are the screen shots from my phone.

Screenshot_20210311-124446_Nighthawk.jpgScreenshot_20210311-124604_Nighthawk.jpg

Message 3 of 11
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi Javier,

Thanks for the screenshots. May you send me a private message with the following info as I'd like for our support team to reach out for further assistance.

Email:

Phone:

Preferred Contact Time: (including time zone)

Router Serial Number:

Thank you,

Christian

Message 4 of 11
Iris-oo
Aspirant

I have the same problem.  Armor blocked a lot of "cn" websites recently.  Tried to unblocked by clicking "unblocked url" but got message "An Error Occurred" after clicking OK.

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 5 of 11
olympos1625
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi Iris-oo,

Good day!

Welcome to NETGEAR Community!

We are sorry to hear that you are having issues with the Netgear Armor feature. May you send me a private message with the following info as I'd like for our support team to reach out for further assistance.

Email:

Phone:

Preferred Contact Time: (including time zone)

Router Serial Number:

Please do not hesitate to let me know if you need further assistance. 

Regards,

Oliver

Community Team

Message 6 of 11
CFoulon
Guide

IMG_1160.PNG

I have been trying to unblock this and other sites with the .live domain, and I get this generic error.

Message 7 of 11
blitz619
Guide

Disable NETGEAR Armor and get yourself decent VPN app such as NordVPN and be done with Netgear Armor.

Message 8 of 11
CFoulon
Guide

I dont see an to disable it on the router interface or admin settings.

Message 9 of 11
blitz619
Guide

I disabled it on my phone app, I couldnt find it in the web interface on my pc.  I have an Orbi routerso I have the Oribi app.  When you open the app there is a Home button top left of the app, then go to Settings, then Security, there will be a radio button you can toggle on or off.  In a few seconds your router through the web interface on your pc or laptop will refresh.  Hope this helps.

Message 10 of 11
CFoulon
Guide

I have the NightHawk, and ended up finding a similar setting in the mobile menu. Seems strange to just have something in the mobile app and not on the device configuration page.

Message 11 of 11
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 5 kudos
  • 6 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7