Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Insight Free Trial FAQ - Try Insight Web Portal & More

nmhTester
NETGEAR Expert

Insight Free Trial FAQ - Try Insight Web Portal & More

Insight-Blue-Light-Bigger.png

What is the BEST way to try out Insight features without subscribing?

Sign up for "Premium Trials". It gives unlimited access for 30 days (Can change based off different promotions going on. so please check at for latest #ofdays www.netgear.com/insight. Some times you can get 2nd free trail when you add a high port density switch).

Premium allows both website portal and app access.

What features are available as part of free premium trails?

Unlimited device credits, you can add as many devices as you want.

access to both webportal and Insight APP at iosappstore or androidappstore

Unlimited features

What happens after Premium Trial is over?

User can choose to be Basic-free (if there are less than 3 devices (again check website to know what is the device count now) or Basic-Paid or stay at Premium-paid and get full advantage of webportal and app.

I have Insight -basic, what is the best way to upgrade to Premium Trials?

User can upgrade from the app or do full subscription management from https://www.insight.netgear.com. The Android user can choose to do it in the application itself.

https://www.insight.netgear.com/#/accountManagement/subScriptions

What about Insight Pro for MSP and VAR ?

If user already has the PRO licenses, they just use the link given in license.

or if the MSP/VAR user is waiting for Insight pro licenses is to create a Insight account. The VAR/MSP can start off by  signup for "Premium Trail" subscription. Once the pro licenses reach the VAR/MSP.  MSP/VAR can convert their current account to Pro account. This is one-way conversion. All the configurations and devices will be move to the PRO account.

Can users change Basic to Premium or vice-versa ?

Yes, the user can do it at the end of the current subscription end.

I liked what I saw in the Trail, Can I upgrade and become paid right away?

Yes, Visit https://www.insight.netgear.com/#/accountManagement/subScriptions

Message 1 of 3
ShawB
Aspirant

Re: Insight Free Trial FAQ - Try Insight Web Portal & More

Model WAC510 (not possible to enter in the Model field)

My access points are great and I am very satisfied with them.  But at least so far the Insight App is terrible.  Basically, it spends most of its time showing the stupid rotating green wait circle.  But even when it stops, it doesn't work.  I am trying to set radio channels so they won't interfere with each other, and the settings don't hold.

I recommebd that customers change back to local web page management and give Insight a pass.  And they have the nerve to charge for it???

Message 2 of 3
schumaku
Guru

Re: Insight Free Trial FAQ - Try Insight Web Portal & More

@ShawB wrote:

But at least so far the Insight App is terrible.  Basically, it spends most of its time showing the stupid rotating green wait circle. 

The App has two odditites:

1. The App does not only read the device list of the currently managed site, it does at the same time scan the locally connected (W)LAN for Netgear devices, regardless of the status, and it does repeat this when returning to the Devices "home" - leading to the nasty green rotator.
  2. The App does access the myNetgear account enumerating all registered devices. 

Both processes take reasonable time at some App status, e.g. while enumerating the devices - but not everywhere and always. 

@ShawB wrote:

But even when it stops, it doesn't work.  I am trying to set radio channels so they won't interfere with each other, and the settings don't hold.

Absolutely flawless for here - we can manually set the channel to be used on the 2.4 or 5 GHz radio, or revert to Auto channel, for WAC505 or WAC510, all on current 5.0.10.2 firmware, and the change is deployed within some reasonable time from the cloud to the physical device config. Changes are retained, and re-applied on device reboot.

@ShawB wrote:

I recommebd that customers change back to local web page management and give Insight a pass.  And they have the nerve to charge for it???

Can't follow you here.  We're managing our SOHO with some Insight Switches (in edge config) and some hands full of WAC, as well as some remote locations with multiple Insight Switches for core and edge serving many WAC. Very easy to mange and maintain the essentials of the network.

Indeed, no Insight hardware can be selected here in the App section - not sure why the Insight GC, WAC, and BR aren't made available in the product list in the Insight section - @ChristineT @Christian_R you might consider adding these here.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements