Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Insight no longer connects to devices

bugnuker
Tutor

Insight no longer connects to devices

Hello. I am so angry right now at Netgear. I can tell you I wont buy another product from them after this user experience. 

I have two WAX610 devices. They have worked great for 1 year. My subscription expired to Insight, so I renewed it on May 5th. 

Now Insight won't connect to the devices. They devices are running, and working just fine, with full internet. But Insight says my network is down and I can no longer manage my devices. I've restarted them manually, and still, no luck.

It seems I can't contact Netgear support unless I buy a huge contract to support my devices. Here is where I am so angry - I just paid for a subscription service to manage my devices, and after I paid, it broke. But I get no support. So they just took my money and ran.

So here I am, getting screwed by Netgear. I'm about to call my credit card company and just issue a charegeback. 

Anyways, how in the heck do you think I can get Insignt to connect to my devices again? I don't have time to reset everything and re-setup all the SSIDs, etc. I just need it to work again with ease.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
bugnuker
Tutor

Re: Insight no longer connects to devices

Thank you for the reply. I rebooted everything in my network, router, DCHP, NAS, DNS, Etc. After everything came back up, the devices were able to connect again and all is well.

After more digging and checking some logs, it seems there might have been a DNS issue that coincidently aligned with the Insight subscription renewal. This DNS issue may have prevented the devices from making DNS lookups, and therefore, connecting to insight servers.

At any rate, the system is back online and working as I expect.

Thanks again for your reply.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5

All Replies
bugnuker
Tutor

EDIT: I removed the device from insight. Then it showed it as "unclaimed". I then added it again, and now it's just in a loop of "Fetching device status" and "Waiting for first connect"...

Still wont connect to insight.

Message 2 of 5
plemans
Guru

Your device might not have support but your insight subscription should. 

To get a hold of support for subscriptions services like Armor/Circle/insight, click on "MyNetgear" at the top.
Register an account (or login) and then the device.
From there you can start the support process.
Click on: My Support---->Contact Support---->Get help with my subscription service

Message 3 of 5
bugnuker
Tutor

Thank you for the reply. I rebooted everything in my network, router, DCHP, NAS, DNS, Etc. After everything came back up, the devices were able to connect again and all is well.

After more digging and checking some logs, it seems there might have been a DNS issue that coincidently aligned with the Insight subscription renewal. This DNS issue may have prevented the devices from making DNS lookups, and therefore, connecting to insight servers.

At any rate, the system is back online and working as I expect.

Thanks again for your reply.

Message 4 of 5
plemans
Guru

Glad you got it working after do much frustration!
Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements