× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Brother HL-2250DN

nanaki
Follower

Brother HL-2250DN

Hello.

I purchased an NV+ V2 recently, but have yet to set it up (in the process of moving house, so no time or money to buy the HDDs).
I'm looking to get a printer as well, ideally plugged into a USB port on the NAS to be shared on the network.

I've been considering the Brother HL-2250DN, but mentions of it are scarce on here and elsewhere.
Is anyone who has this model able to confirm it's compatible for all functions?

Thanks
Message 1 of 2
PapaBear1
Guide

Re: Brother HL-2250DN

If you are purchasing a new printer do not buy a printer without a network connection. The good news is that the Brother HL-2250DN, according to the Brother web site, has ethernet connection as well as duplexing. This is the best way to connect a printer, directly to the network. The print server function that was present in older ReadyNAS units is not present in the NV+ v2. When the NV/NV+ was first released, networked printers were harder to find and that added function was fairly expensive. Today you can find networked laser printers for as little as $100. The only place I can find any information on the Brother HL-2250DL is the Brother web site as no other major on line site (Newegg, Best Buy, Amazon).

Newegg has the Brother HL-2270DW printer which is a workgroup wireless networked monochrome laser printer for $143 (w/ shipping) while Amazon has the same printer for $118 with shipping from an associated store. Wireless gives an advantage in that you don't have to run a cable to it. I have a wireless printer and it is nice to not to have to mess with cables or emulation either one. One thing to look for when researching printers is the term workgroup for that will indicate that it has network capability.
Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements