× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Forgotten password ReadyNAS RN10200

Lostandbemused
Follower

Forgotten password ReadyNAS RN10200

Hi! It's been a while since I used my ReadyNAS RN10200, and I've forgotten the password.

I see that there's already been a solution provided in this forum, but that involves doing an OS reinstall. I'm afraid, however, that this will delete all the (many) files that I have backed up on the discs!

I would appreciate any help, bearing in mind that I'm not a genius in this field...

Thanks in advance!

#ReadyNAS
#RN10200

Message 1 of 2
StephenB
Guru

Re: Forgotten password ReadyNAS RN10200

@Lostandbemused wrote:

I see that there's already been a solution provided in this forum, but that involves doing an OS reinstall. I'm afraid, however, that this will delete all the (many) files that I have backed up on the discs!

It won't delete your files.  However, if these are the only copies of your files, then the NAS is being used for primary storage, and is not a backup.  If that's your situation, you should look into solutions for backing up the NAS (for instance, using USB drives).

It will

• reset the admin password to password
  • reset the network connection to use DHCP
  • disable volume quota (which can be re-enabled on the volume settings wheel).

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements