× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RN102 shows up as network drive but can't access admin

Parnassus
Aspirant

RN102 shows up as network drive but can't access admin

I'm staying at a place temporarily and setting up my ReadyNAS 102 as well as some other devices, and I'm having some issues connecting to the NAS. I don't have admin access to the router.

-On a laptop connected to the same network, the NAS shows up as a "computer" when viewing the network. I can access the files on the NAS just fine this way.

-When pinging the name of the NAS it pings a IPV6 address. When pinging with the -4 suffix it doesn't succeed in resolving the name (seems like the NAS only has IPV6, not IPV4)

-On ReadyCloud the NAS is listed as offline

-When discovering devices on ReadyCloud it fails to find any devices

-I can't seem to access the admin page, when putting in the IPV6 address in a browser (with or without brackets), it searches the term instead. I don't have a ipv4 address to navigate to in the browser.

-I know that DLNA is enabled, but neither the computer nor a PS4 on the network seems to detect the DLNA.

Any suggestions for how to access the admin page, find it through readycloud or access the DLNA? Thank you.

Model: RN102|ReadyNAS 100 Series 2- Bay
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
Sandshark
Sensei

Re: RN102 shows up as network drive but can't access admin

Did you have a static IP address assigned to the NAS that may now be outside the subnet of the router in your new location?  RAIDar is the best way to find that out, and an OS re-install can solve it (it resets the NAS to use DHCP).  Just be sure to select OS Re-install, not Factory Default.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 5

All Replies
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi Parnassus,

You can try installing RAIDar and check what is the status of the NAS there. The IPv4 address of the NAS might be displayed there.

You can download RAIDar 6.5 here.

Regards,

Message 2 of 5
Sandshark
Sensei

Did you have a static IP address assigned to the NAS that may now be outside the subnet of the router in your new location?  RAIDar is the best way to find that out, and an OS re-install can solve it (it resets the NAS to use DHCP).  Just be sure to select OS Re-install, not Factory Default.

Message 3 of 5
Parnassus
Aspirant

Thanks guys, this was exactly the problem. I used RAIDar which showed that the device was on a static IPv4 from my previous network. Doing the OS reinstall fixed it and I can now access and set it up properly for this place.

Message 4 of 5
StephenB
Guru

@Parnassus wrote:

Thanks guys, this was exactly the problem. I used RAIDar which showed that the device was on a static IPv4 from my previous network. Doing the OS reinstall fixed it and I can now access and set it up properly for this place.

Great.  Reserving the IP address in the router (instead of assigning a static IP address) is one way to prevent this from happening again.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements