× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

USB 3.0 Hub for RN102

jcsdkx51
Aspirant

USB 3.0 Hub for RN102

Is it possible to use a USB 3.0 hub with the ReadyNas 102 to expand the amount of USB 3.0 devices you can connect?

Model: RN10221D|ReadyNAS 100 Series 2-Bay
Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
Marty_M
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: USB 3.0 Hub for RN102

Hello jcsdkx51,

If both USB hard drives and Hub is powered on separately then I think there will be no problem connecting it to the NAS. If your issue is now resolved, we encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accept as Solution” or post what resolved it and mark it as solution so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. 

The Netgear community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,
Marty_M 
NETGEAR Community Team

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 6

All Replies
Marty_M
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello jcsdkx51,

Netgear does not have any documentation about usb hubs however there are forum thread that says it did actually work but it is a different unit/model, you  may refer to this forum thread. I would also recommend to consider the specifications of the NAS, The RN102 is one of our entry level NAS which may not the resources to power the usb hubs and usb drives. 

Regards,
Marty_M 
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 6
StephenB
Guru

@Marty_M wrote:

...The RN102 is one of our entry level NAS which may not the resources to power the usb hubs and usb drives. 

The drives should certainly be powered.  If the hub can be externally powered, then you probably should do that also.

Message 3 of 6
jcsdkx51
Aspirant

The drives are WD MyBook powered drives and the USB hub is powered also. I didn't think there would be any issues but just wanted to make sure before I plugged it in and fried something. Thanks for the assistance!
Message 4 of 6
Marty_M
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello jcsdkx51,

If both USB hard drives and Hub is powered on separately then I think there will be no problem connecting it to the NAS. If your issue is now resolved, we encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accept as Solution” or post what resolved it and mark it as solution so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. 

The Netgear community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,
Marty_M 
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 5 of 6
jcsdkx51
Aspirant

Powered Hub worked like a champ. Have three devices plugged in and no issues reading any. Thanks!

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements