Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Can not enter username

Jsmcd2003
Initiate

Can not enter username

I’m trying to sign into the nighthawk app, but I cannot select the username section to type. It’s stuck at “admin” unfortunately I made my username something other than “admin” so I cannot finish connecting my device.
Message 1 of 8

Re: Can not enter username

What Netgear device are we talking about here?

@Jsmcd2003 wrote:
I’m trying to sign into the nighthawk app, but I cannot select the username section to type.

What are you signing into? Wifi? Remote access?

@Jsmcd2003 wrote:
It’s stuck at “admin” unfortunately I made my username something other than “admin” so I cannot finish connecting my device.

You cannot change the username from admin for the browser graphical user interface for most, if not all, devices.

Message 2 of 8
Jsmcd2003
Initiate

The problem is with the app. While setting it up it asked me to create an admin account. I did but I changed the username to something other than admin. Now when I try to sign in to the admin account it doesn’t let me type in the new username. It’s stuck as “admin”
Message 3 of 8

@Jsmcd2003 wrote:
I changed the username to something other than admin.

Not on the browser interface you didn't. It isn't possible. So we need to know what you are trying to login to.

There are at least two nighthawk apps. They can connect to various things:

• your wifi
  • mynetgear.com
  • your Netgear hardware

I can think of a few more, but that's enough to get us started.

Two of those let you change the "username".

What are we talking about?

Message 4 of 8
Kimbelry
Aspirant

I have admin too, but it says the default password should be password. I try to enter that and it doesn't work

I want to activate the app to set some parental controls on interent time on devices

I can't get anyone to help me figure out the password because my prodcut went out of warranty 20 days ago...the prodcut isn't malfunctioning. I Just want to use more features of it through the app.

Message 5 of 8

@Kimbelry wrote:

I have admin too, but it says the default password should be password. I try to enter that and it doesn't work

The only way out of a forgotten management password is to reset the device.

How do I perform a factory reset on my NETGEAR router? | Answer | NETGEAR Support

Bit we know nothing about your setup or the hardware you are using. So that is just a random guess. There could be something else going on, but who knows?

Message 6 of 8
sassynhtx
Aspirant

Hey there! Same things is happening to me. When setting up my device via phone, I was instructed to set up a new username so I did. Unfortunately, the Nighthawk app believes that admin is the only username so I can't log in. Did you have any luck resolving this? 

Message 7 of 8

@sassynhtx wrote:

When setting up my device via phone, I was instructed to set up a new username so I did. Unfortunately, the Nighthawk app believes that admin is the only username so I can't log in.

Which username were you invited to setup? It will not be the router. That is and always has been admin.

There are several other "usernames" it might have been. It won't have been the browser graphical user interface.

@sassynhtx wrote:

Hey there! Same things is happening to me.

Unlikely. The steps you describe are not the same.

@sassynhtx wrote:

Unfortunately, the Nighthawk app believes that admin is the only username so I can't log in. Did you have any luck resolving this? 

You have joined in on an existing conversation that may or may not have anything to do with your problems.

There is also a good chance that the official support team is busily monitoring new conversations and may miss your addition to this one.

If you do want help with your problem, check previous stuff that may be related then start your own discussion.

If you do decide to ask a question, you should provide more details and your own version of the information that the forum suggests that you provide. For example, as this is a router, it helps to know what modem you are using and the various things that you have tried to fix the problem.

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7