Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Can't Log in to Nighthawk app.

nctovar19
Follower

Can't Log in to Nighthawk app.

I have 2FA enabled for my Netgear account, but when I try to login to the Nighthawk app on iOS, the only email it shows is an old email I don't have anymore. I can't seem to find anything on my account page to update my 2FA info. Any idea where I can update my 2FA email or add a phone number?

Message 1 of 4
schumaku
Guru

Re: Can't Log in to Nighthawk app.

@nctovar19 wrote:

I have 2FA enabled for my Netgear account, but when I try to login to the Nighthawk app on iOS, the only email it shows is an old email I don't have anymore.

Your Netgear Account is bound to an email address serving as a primary ID ... 

@nctovar19 wrote:

I can't seem to find anything on my account page to update my 2FA info. Any idea where I can update my 2FA email or add a phone number?

Head to https://my.netgear.com/ -> My Profile ... this does bring up My Netgear Account, from here you go tho Login Settings where you can change the Email or the Password.

When I'm now re-reading your first part of the post between the lines ...

@nctovar19 wrote:

I have 2FA enabled for my Netgear account,  [new account wth 2FA?]

but when I try to login to the Nighthawk app on iOS, the only email it shows is an old email I don't have anymore. [old account]

...I fear you have created a new Netgear account (and enabled 2FA). At this point you have two accounts under two different identities. There is no way now to change the old Netgear Account ID to the new - now you need assistance from Netgear Support, or by a nice moderator like @Christian_R  to merge the two accounts   

Message 2 of 4
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@schumaku - Thanks for looping me in! 

@nctovar19 - May you send me a private message with your old and the new email you intend to keep along with the serial number of your device.

Christian 

Message 3 of 4
ElectroLund
Aspirant

Weird, I'm having Nighthawk app issues too.  Just started yesterday.  The app was awesome for a long time with my R7900.  I could remotely admin it with the app, worked great.

Then yesterday, I saw a notification for a firmware update.  That's when the app basically broke.

Lots of reboots of the router, wiping phone app cache and data, no luck.  I just can't log into the router anymore with the app.

I can log into the router via a computer and to routerlogin.net.  The router is working fine for internet connection.  It's just the app that can no longer see it.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7