Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Constant Error Messages w Nighthawk and R7000 Router

WHinCT
Follower

Constant Error Messages w Nighthawk and R7000 Router

I've seen multiple posts for at least 3 years from users complaining about the fact that changing an email address (a VERY COMMON occurence in the 21st Century) will cause nothing but problems, including the flawed Nighthawk app.

Appears that Netgear doesn't understand the concept of changing email addresses, making clear you have separate "accounts" with them and if anything is in conflict you're dead in the water. Call tech support? Yes, and you immediately get India telling you that the weak 90 day warranty has expired but for a mere $80 you can get tech support to address the Anywhere Access issue. I wasted time today on the telephone to try and resolve this "registered with another account" or the really useless "some error has cause a problem".

I refused to pay $80 to get the problem fixed. Their mini 1 page set up should clearly identify the need to download the mobile Nighthawk app, since ONLY WITH THAT APP can you enable Anywhere Access and only when on the SSID/at home.

I was on vacation for 10 days in southern California and had internet, still had my VOIP working, but it was not broadcasting the signal and I couldn't reboot remotely. Couldn't control my thermostate, the Generac generator could do it's weekly testing, etc.

I finally fixed it on my own today when I figured out which email address the router was attached to and got a one time password to get it working. I tested it tonight at home and sure enough - the reboot worked when I used only cellular on my iPhone and turned off the home wifi.

This is my 3rd Netgear router and I will not buy another Netgear product ever again.  Even Best Buy told me there are better alternatives with better customer service/technical support.

Shame on you Netgear for having consumers post for over 3 years this email issue and no suggestion on how to fix it.  You also should improve your documentation to make it all clear, including setting up AnyWhere Access when first doing the installation.  You might likely not need it until months later when conveniently the weak 90 days has past and you get NO SUPPORT unless you pay 1/2 the price of a new router.

Model: R7000|AC1900 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 1
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7