Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Could login to R8000 web interface but not to Android Nighthawk or Circle 1st Gen apps (SOLVED)

Could login to R8000 web interface but not to Android Nighthawk or Circle 1st Gen apps (SOLVED)

This problem has been solved by setting a new, longer than 12 characters, router password (the password for the user name "admin"). Now the details:

I noticed I could no longer login into my R8000 router either using Nighthawk or using Circle 1st Gen Android apps. I was still able to login in the router's web interface routerlogin.net . 

I tried without any success: rebooting router; stopping/ removing cach/ removing data/ reinstalling Android apps. Repeated several times.

Eventually I was locked out from the router's local web interface routerlogin.net and was directed to the password change screen. There I discovered a previously unknown to me requirement on the password length - it now must be not lesser than 12 characters! My previous password that worked many years until now was less than 12 characters. 

Once I set a new, long password, I was able to login to both Nighthawk and Circle 1st Gen Android apps.

Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Could login to R8000 web interface but not to Android Nighthawk or Circle 1st Gen apps (SOLVED)

What FW version do you have loaded? 

How many characters was the old PW? 

So 10 characters is not working? I believe that the minimum when a factory reset is done and walking thru the setup wizard, 10 characters is seen on the input of the Admin password.

I'm using 10 characters on my R8000...

Message 2 of 4

Re: Could login to R8000 web interface but not to Android Nighthawk or Circle 1st Gen apps (SOLVED)

I have the latest Firmware Version 1.0.4.84 since ~ May-June 2022. For many years I was using a 7-character password. The apps problems started only yesterday. 

If you're adventurous, try to change your router's password in web the interface and let us know what's the min password length requirement on your router 🙂

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Yes, NG changed the minimum to 10 characters I believe a couple of FW revs ago. The minimum is 10 now. 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7