Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Ethernet connected MS60 shows amber and no longer showing in the network map

Immy001
Aspirant

Ethernet connected MS60 shows amber and no longer showing in the network map

Hi
Not sure if FW related but Ethernet connected MS60 shows amber and no longer showing in the network map
BUT it is showing as a device in the device list connected to the MR60
Was all working fine until about 4 days ago, have tried factory reset of whole system
When I disconnect Ethernet and bring the satellite back into the house for a wireless connection test it’s fine
When I take it back to the outbuilding, and reconnect to Ethernet its amber, but wifi is still working (not great speeds)

Message 1 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Ethernet connected MS60 shows amber and no longer showing in the network map

Please post a screen capture if what your seeing on the Network map in this thread.

Is the MS connected directly to the back of the MR or is there a LAN switch in between them? 

What CAT# LAN cable are you using? CAT6 is recommended. 

What mobile platform are you using? Apple or Android? 

Message 2 of 3
Immy001
Aspirant

Re: Ethernet connected MS60 shows amber and no longer showing in the network map

Hi

MR60 device list below

MS60 in list has amber light and IS NOT showing in the network map. I can ping it and WiFi is working (slower than normal)

I am using iOS 15.6.1

Firmware is up to date

Wiring is MR60 - Switch (Gigabit Dlink) - ethernet cable (not sure of spec) - Wall socket - Switch (Edimax, going to change this to Netgear tomorrow) 

I bought another MESH product (TP Link Deco) to test the connection, it worked fine !

MS60 (amber light) doesnt show in map but IS listed under MR60MS60 (amber light) doesnt show in map but IS listed under MR60ms60_2.jpg

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7