Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgear Nighthawk App Login Timed Out

picketma
Tutor

Netgear Nighthawk App Login Timed Out

I have the R6700 v3 with firmware V1.0.4.128_10.0.104 attached to the NG CM1000, running Armor on the router and circle. I have not had any issue for a long time, so have not needed to log into the Nighthawk App. Now I'm getting notifications on my iphone (XR, running ios 17.2.1, just updated hoping that would fix the issue) that Armor is blocking fraud attempts. I'd like to see what is going on, but every time I try to log into the App (version 2.32.1.14, also just updated) I receive the "login timed out" pop up. I have: rebooted my router and modem, rebooted my phone, offloaded the app and reinstalled it, all with no change. I was trying to avoid a factory reset because I will have to set up circle again (which is a pain with so many devices).

Will a factory reset of my router fix the inability to log into my Netgear Nighthawk App on my phone? There does not appear to be any way to manage the section I need to see from my PC or the GUI on the router.

Thanks.

Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
Drewkermanz
Aspirant

Re: Netgear Nighthawk App Login Timed Out

I know it was mentioned that turning off private relay didn’t work for you, but for anyone else who might stumble across this, turning off private relay did fix the issue for me immediately. I was quite surprised that did the trick.

I don’t really understand why that even worked. It’s two devices talking on a local network. Either apple’s private relay is doing things you wouldn’t expect, or netgear’s app is. Still, I’m glad I read this post which prompted me to at least try it. This was driving me nuts for months

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4

All Replies

@picketma wrote:

Now I'm getting notifications on my iphone (XR, running ios 17.2.1, just updated hoping that would fix the issue) that Armor is blocking fraud attempts.

I'd start with this:

NETGEAR Mobile Applications and Apple Devices FAQ - NETGEAR Communities

Message 2 of 4
picketma
Tutor

Thank you. I turned off the private wi-fi addresses years ago because it was loading an enormous number of "devices" into my circle account. The private relay on my iCloud is off as well. Thought my VPN might be blocking it for some odd reason, but that is not it. I went to log in and started shaking my phone as soon as I hit "sign in" and thankfully the "report a bug" screen came up. I have reported the issue, hopefully they can get this glitch fixed.

Message 3 of 4
Drewkermanz
Aspirant

I know it was mentioned that turning off private relay didn’t work for you, but for anyone else who might stumble across this, turning off private relay did fix the issue for me immediately. I was quite surprised that did the trick.

I don’t really understand why that even worked. It’s two devices talking on a local network. Either apple’s private relay is doing things you wouldn’t expect, or netgear’s app is. Still, I’m glad I read this post which prompted me to at least try it. This was driving me nuts for months
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7