Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgear app sucks

jbuttle63
Follower

Netgear app sucks

Title speaks for itself. What is up with the Netgear app? I installed it on my Iphone and I am unable to log into my Netgear router. After going through what seemed like a million steps (including setting up facial recognition) it asked me for my admin credentials. Since my password is a combination of 20 letters, numbers, and special characters, it is impossible to type quickly from an iPhone keyboard (or even from a standard computer keyboard. It timed-out twice while typing the password, and on the third try, when I was finally able to type the password in, it rejected it (yes, I checked that it was typed correctly). I have no idea why it isn't working.

Sorry for the rant, but come on . . .

Message 1 of 5

Re: Netgear app sucks

@jbuttle63 wrote:

I installed it on my Iphone and I am unable to log into my Netgear router. After going through what seemed like a million steps (including setting up facial recognition) it asked me for my admin credentials.

There are two stages in logging into the router's graphical user interface (GUI) (I assume that this is what you are doing on some sort of unnamed Netgear device.)

First you connect to the router's wifi.

Then, and only then, you login to the GUI.

This is guesswork on my part based on the very limited information that you have provided.

You can help people to help you by providing the information suggested in this forum's header:

Subject (Include model number and brief summary)
Model (Recommended - Helps the community give the best answers)
Body (Include additional detail including model version, firmware, OS and environment where relevant.)

They are there for a good reason.

Message 2 of 5
Bretableman
Initiate

Ah, no… Netgear can own their user hostile and buggy interfaces and apps. What is this? 1992?

My phone app almost worked right for a few months, then the speed test died, no updates to remove the dead option, then did get an up date and crashed my whole network until after I did a factory reset. Lost 2 hours of work at home time from my pay check.

The network interface as of right now is buggy, would not allow me to turn on the guest network, etc., etc.

So, no. Don’t try to flip the script on someone trying to see if any help is available. Netgear can own it.
Model: D7800|Nighthawk X4S – AC2600 WiFi VDSL/ADSL Modem Router
Message 3 of 5
Shuff
Initiate

I agree with the app being a steaming pile.

I'm currently troubleshooting an issue with the wifi not working on my router but wired is fine. So when you say "Well, you just need to connect to your wifi and use the app", I find it insulting because I cannot even do that since your product has decided to die on me a year after purchasing. To make matters worse, when I do try to access from my wired connection, it either tells me to go get the app or redirects me to a site that is a retail site to sell Netgear products! Garbage setup Netgear, if this product is dead or dying, you bet I'm going to look at other solutions.

Model: R8000|Nighthawk X6 AC3200 Smart WIFI Router
Message 4 of 5

@Shuff wrote:

I'm currently troubleshooting an issue with the wifi not working on my router but wired is fine.

Have you posted a message about that issue? I can't find any other posts from you.

This bit may need some explaining.

@Shuff wrote:
...your product has decided to die on me a year after purchasing.

It is misleading to tall of "your product" here. It isn't "our" product

This community is essentially a user-to-user venue with some, but not much, input from a small band of Netgear techies. (Look for the "N" symbol by the usernames.)

Most answers come from fellow users with no connection to Netgear. They just have time on their hands and a lot of collective experience. They are also familiar with the sort of problems that turn up here.

If you want "official" support then you should go through the right channels.

Contact Us | Support | NETGEAR

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 15 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7