Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

NightHawk Mesh Router MR60 not working with T-Mobile Internet

rthrower
Follower

NightHawk Mesh Router MR60 not working with T-Mobile Internet

I am using T-Mobile internet and the NightHawk Mesh 6 (MR60) connects (blue light is steady)

The WI-Fi setting on  my phone is for Netgear89  and it shows I am connected, but when I go to my NightHawk Application at the "login required" the password on the unit will not work. Most of the time the Nighthawk application shows it has no internet connect and I don't even make it to this point.

Can anyone please advise me on what I can do to correct this problem.

Thanks,

Ray

Message 1 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: NightHawk Mesh Router MR60 not working with T-Mobile Internet

What the brand and model# of the ISP modem? 
There a built in router at the ISP modem? if so, This would be a double NAT (two router) condition which isn't recommended. This would be a double NAT condition which isn't recommended. https://kb.netgear.com/30186/What-is-Double-NAT
https://kb.netgear.com/30187/How-to-fix-issues-with-Double-NAT
Couple of options,
1. Configure the modem for transparent bridge or modem only mode. Then use the NG router in router mode. You'll need to contact the ISP for help and information in regards to the modem being bridged correctly.
2. If you can't bridge the modem, disable ALL wifi radios on the modem, configure the modems DMZ/ExposedHost or IP Pass-Through for the IP address the NG router gets from the modem. https://kb.netgear.com/25891/DMZ-on-NETGEAR-routers
https://kb.netgear.com/24086/How-do-I-set-up-a-default-DMZ-server-on-my-Nighthawk-router
3. Or disable all wifi radios on the modem and connect the NG router to the modem, LAN to LAN configure AP mode on the NG router.

What platform in the phone? Apple Or Android? Be sure to disable any WiFi Private IP address or Random MAC address features on these devices:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-App/NETGEAR-Mobile-Applications-and-Apple-Devices-FAQ/td-...

Are you getting internet access otherwise thru the system? 

What Firmware version is currently loaded?

Message 2 of 5
grajkovic
Aspirant

I have T-Mobile Home Internet and mine is working well.
Do you have the latest firmware on your Nighthawk? The latest firmware fixes the following issues:

• Fixed security issues.
  • Fixed NH APP might show 'Router not Found' and 'Login Required' messages during on-boarding which blocks the on-boarding installation.
  • Fixed offline satellite display issue on iOS APP.

I have the Nokia 5G Router (round trash can) and I have had it successfully working as a router (DHCP to Netgear) as well as Passthrough.

I suggest using the DHCP function or a Static IP to your Nighthawk from the T-Mobile Home Internet Modem (Router) because you will have more control over your network. Since the T-Mobile Home Internet is Carrier Grade Network Address Translation (CG-NAT), you will not be able to control the outbound firewall from T-Mobile anyway, so the router function of the T-Mobile Home Internet Modem (Router) will not be of much use anyway; the Nighthawk has considerably more internal routing bandwidth than the T-Mobile Home Internet Modem (Router) does. If you run the T-Mobile Home Internet Modem (Router) as the main router, you will reduce some of the optimizations that a Wi-Fi mesh network can provide.

I found this out with the number of smart lights I have in my home (over 30) plus the remaining devices.

Good luck! Once you get it sorted, it should be solid. I have been using T-Mobile Home Internet since October 2021.

The MR60 was pleasant at first, then there were a few hiccups along the way - since the second quarter of 2022, I have had no significant issues with the MR60 as Netgear has worked hard to resolve a lot of the software nuances along the way.
Message 3 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Any progress on this? 

@rthrower wrote:

I am using T-Mobile internet and the NightHawk Mesh 6 (MR60) connects (blue light is steady)

The WI-Fi setting on  my phone is for Netgear89  and it shows I am connected, but when I go to my NightHawk Application at the "login required" the password on the unit will not work. Most of the time the Nighthawk application shows it has no internet connect and I don't even make it to this point.

Can anyone please advise me on what I can do to correct this problem.

Thanks,

Ray

Message 4 of 5

@rthrower wrote:

Not sure that your issue has much to do with the Nighthawk App covered in this bit of the  community.

You might get more help, and find earlier questions and answers specific to your device, in the appropriate section for your hardware. That's probably here:

Nighthawk Wi-Fi 6 (AX) Mesh Systems - NETGEAR Communities

Message 5 of 5
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7