Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk Install App: does not detect router

Hope8
Aspirant

Nighthawk Install App: does not detect router

(Model is v3)
I upgraded my router from Linksys E1000 to the Nighthawk AC1750/R6700v3 using the Netgear Nighthawk App. Install and connection to the WiFi network name & password provided was successful. But when I returned to the app for the next step, it couldn’t find the router. I double checked that the connection hadn’t been dropped and retried numerous times with no success. So I started over powering down, making sure the cables were properly plugged in, launched the app, connected to the WiFi network and returned to the app with no success. I did this from my iPhone and iPad with the same results, too many times to recall. I even read through the manual on troubleshooting, but everything has been done correctly. I’m totally stumped and need help. I really don’t want to fall back to my old router. Any ideas?
Model: R6700|Nighthawk AC1750 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4

Re: Nighthawk Install App: does not detect router

@Hope8 ...  (you) different router, different FW, different situation.  Please do not hijack this thead. 

Your issue (which may) share some similarities deserves its own thread, visibility and support from the community.  

Message 2 of 4
Hope8
Aspirant

I apologize. This is the first time I’ve used a Community blog. I didn’t think my problem was different enough to start a new question. Now I know. Thanks for the education.

Should I start over with a new question?
Message 3 of 4

@Hope8 wrote:
(Model is v3)
I upgraded my router from Linksys E1000 to the Nighthawk AC1750/R6700v3 using the Netgear Nighthawk App.

A better way to describe that might be replaced my router from Linksys E1000 to the Nighthawk AC1750/R6700v3.

You can't just unplug one router from your network and replace it with a different router. You have to rebuild the network.

As this is a router, there is probably a modem sitting in front of it. You need to get the router to forget its misspent past with the old modem. That means rebooting the network.

Be sure to restart your network in this sequence:

• Turn off and unplug modem.
  • Turn off router and computers.
  • Plug in and turn on modem. Wait 2 minutes for it to connect.
  • Turn on the router and wait 2 minutes for it connect.
  • Turn on computers and rest of network.

When you do restart the computers, remember that you have changed the network. Your PCs are joining a new network. So you may have to make some changes to the network settings. Windows, for example, may assume that you are now on a "public" network and block access to the Internet. So you may have to change that setting.

• Network and Internet settings
  • Network Status
  • Change Connection Properties
  • Network Profile
  • Private

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements