Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk app not working c6300v2

DocHolidaze
Follower

Nighthawk app not working c6300v2

Just picked up a c6300v2. Works great, no complaints on it itself. My problem is with the Nighthawk app. Keeps telling me that the c6300v2 needs a firmware update, even though it has the proper firmware version (1.03.04 for Cox, from what I found on the knowledge base). For the life of me I can't figure out what the issue is.

I'm not going to factory reset the modem just to get the app to work, so no need to mention that. I've tried reinstalling the app and going different routes on the setup. Still the same issue persists where the app is telling me to update the firmware.
Message 1 of 2
plemans
Guru

Re: Nighthawk app not working c6300v2

The problem with the app's is they do the firmware update check. And modem/router combo devices can't be updated by the end user. 

I usually just advise people to use the browser to access it. 

The C6300v2 is an older docsis 3.0 device so I wouldn't imaging it'd be getting much for updates anymore as most ISP's are pushing for docsis 3.1 devices. (you'll still see them sold through)

If it was me? I'd actually return it and look for a docsis 3.1 device. Cox has been notorious for dropping their speed tiers that support docsis 3.0.  It used to be you could get "up to 980mbps" over docsis 3.0. With them dropping speed tiers, I think they're down to only supporting up to 150mbps for it. (some area's might go up to 400mbps). 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7