Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

R6250 Unable to manage Guest Wifi by using Nighthawk

PCr78
Aspirant

R6250 Unable to manage Guest Wifi by using Nighthawk

Hi,
I used to turn on or turn off Guest Wifi (2,4 GHz or 5,2 GHz) on my R6250 routeur by using Nigthawk app but for more than a week it dosn’t work.
I have restarted my router and the mobile app but I can’t manage guest wifi.
Thank you for your help.
Model: R6250|Smart WiFi Router (AC1600)
Message 1 of 14
PCr78
Aspirant

Re: R6250 Unable to manage Guest Wifi by using Nighthawk

Firmware router R62500 version v1.0.4.38
Nighthawk app iOS version 2.15.0.214
Message 2 of 14

@PCr78 wrote:
I used to turn on or turn off Guest Wifi (2,4 GHz or 5,2 GHz) on my R6250 routeur by using Nigthawk app but for more than a week it dosn’t work.

What happens when you try? Any prompts or messages?

Can you do this using the graphical user interface (GUI)?

How are you using the app? Local wifi or Anywhere Access?

Android app or iOS?

Message 3 of 14
indytim
Aspirant

Same issue for me. The app says, Router not found. I can't access the web interface of the router at 192.168.1.1 after the latest firmware update. I can't connect to port 80 or 443 using netcat; I receive "Connection refused." errors. The firmware update has caused this issue and I can't seem to fix it with a reboot.

Message 4 of 14

@indytim wrote:

Same issue for me.

Not really. Possibly, not at all.

@PCr78 is asking about managing the guest account for wifi. (Look at the subject.) You don't mention that.

The app says, Router not found. I can't access the web interface of the router at 192.168.1.1 after the latest firmware update.

I see no sign that this is what @PCr78 sees. (It is bad form, and against the rules, to hijack someone else's conversation.) Oh, and "the latest firmware update" tells us nothing about which version you actually installed. There are various ways of getting "the latest".

But, even though there may be very few similarities in your issues, let's persist, with apologies to @PCr78.

Which app? iOS? Android?

Which browser for the web interface? Tried another one?

Does routerlogin.net work?

The firmware update has caused this issue and I can't seem to fix it with a reboot.

How about a reset and then reboot? (Save the settings, if you can, before doing that.)

Roll back to the previous firmware to confirm that this really is the issue.

Finally, which modem/gateway delivers the Internet to your router?

Message 5 of 14
indytim
Aspirant

You again. Oh, okay. I'll just resolve this on my own.

Message 6 of 14
PCr78
Aspirant

Hi,
Here is my configuration :
Firmware router R62500 version v1.0.4.38
Nighthawk app iOS version 2.15.0.214.
By using the Nighthawk app on my iPhone (iOS 15.4) connected to the wifi or LTE I can access to the router and see all devices connected but I can’t switch on or switch off guest wifi like I did previously.
Message 7 of 14

Thanks for the extra details.

Did you see if you can turn the quest on/off through the graphical user interface (GUI)?

That would help to narrow the problem down to the app or to the router's firmware.

As I said, it works here with my Android app.

Message 8 of 14

@indytim wrote:

You again. Oh, okay. I'll just resolve this on my own.

Good idea. Start by explaining what your problem is.

Message 9 of 14
PCr78
Aspirant

Hi,

I confirm I can switch guest wifi on/off by using Chrome webbrowser connected to the Wifi.

But I can't by using the Nighthawk iOS App connected to the Wifi.

It's very surprising because I've been using Nighthawk for turning on/off Guest wifi for more than a year.

It's very useful for managing kids internet connexion. 

Model: R6250|Smart WiFi Router (AC1600)
Message 10 of 14

@PCr78 wrote:

I confirm I can switch guest wifi on/off by using Chrome webbrowser connected to the Wifi.

But I can't by using the Nighthawk iOS App connected to the Wifi.

Thanks for confirming that.

So it isn't a firmware thing. Good to know.

Sadly, the iOS app has caused problems in the past. I like to blame Apple for making life difficult for third party suppliers. but that may be just conspiracy theory on my part.

I'll see if Netgear is aware of this one. It helps if there is more than one victim.

Have you tried the usual trick of deleting and reinstalling the app on your phone?

Message 11 of 14
jsnmglbrt
Aspirant

Adding to this: I have an R6700 with firmware V1.2.0.92.  I deleted and reinstalled my app on my iPhone SE with IOS 15.5 and I don't even see a guess wifi option anywhere in the app.  I can use the web tool to manage it.

Message 12 of 14
FURRYe38
Guru

Any wifi or advanced wifi configurations are not supported on the NH app. They are managed on the routers web page. 

Message 13 of 14

@FURRYe38 wrote:

Any wifi or advanced wifi configurations are not supported on the NH app. They are managed on the routers web page. 

You can also manage "Guest" and some other settings with the desktop "app" for your operating system. This can be quicker and easier than diving into the browser graphical user interface (GUI).

Netgear is trying to kill this useful utility, but for the time being you can find it here:

genie | Product | Support | NETGEAR

Be warned that the genie installation file is wrapped up in a RAR archive that you have to decompress.

Message 14 of 14
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 13 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7