Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

R85000

AZ2196
Follower

R85000

Two R8500 nighthawk routers. Each one located in different states. Each one operates online home equipment such as video cams, heat and cooling, security systems just to name a few. 
The question is can both systems operate with the online anywhere application . Can I sign on to system 1 while being at system 2 location and visa versa.

And will both show up as options to choose from ?

Message 1 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: R85000

Not sure if AnyWhere Access is supported for the R8500 since it's EoL:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-Wi-Fi-5-AC-Routers/Top-NETGEAR-FAQs-Support-and-End-of-Se...

Something to check and see when your local at one of the router locations. See if Anywhere access, if enabled, is seen on the NH app. 

Message 2 of 3

Re: R85000

@AZ2196 wrote:

The question is can both systems operate with the online anywhere application . Can I sign on to system 1 while being at system 2 location and visa versa.

And will both show up as options to choose from ?

That should work. I have an even more complicated arrangement with two old routers, an R7000P and an R7800, both came before the R8500. I can access both with the Nighthawk App. Even better, the R7800 is set up as an Access Point attached to another router. (I use it for the USB storage.)

Of course, Anywhere Access does not let e do much with the R7800 because AP mode disables a lot of stuff.

Give it a whirl. You have nothing to lose.

Just another user with time on their hands.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi 770 Series