Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Strict NAT on PC-NightHawk R7000

McPoop
Aspirant

Strict NAT on PC-NightHawk R7000

A friend and I play Destiny 2 on PC. Getting a Strict NAT recent so tried checking genie app. Won't let me sign in on my PC but will on my phone. The phone app doesn't have access to 'Router Settings'. When I try signing in via PC it says, "NetGEAR router is not found or is not supported. Also, make sure the device is not connected to the guest network of the router, and no IPv6 is enabled".

OS - Windows 10

firmware - v1.0.7.2

Thanks for any and all future advice!

McPoop

Model: R7000|Nighthawk AC1900 Dual Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 7

Accepted Solutions
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Strict NAT on PC-NightHawk R7000

Hi @McPoop,

1. Please try using the router's IP address (default is 192.168.1.1) and see if that works.

2. Please try using another device (another PC, mobile) via a browser.

3. You should be able to to get to the router's UI whether the device is wired or wireless.

4. Once you have access to the router's UI, you may want to look into port forwarding for the issue you are facing with the game. Additional info from the game developers (port numbers, protocols) maybe needed. The link below may help out.

https://kb.netgear.com/24289/

Regards,

Dexter

Community Team

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 7

All Replies
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @McPoop,

1. Is the PC connecting to the router via wired or wireless?

2. You can access the router settings via a browser. The link below may help out.

http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/980

3. What settings on the router are you looking to change?

Regards,

Dexter

Community Team

Message 2 of 7
McPoop
Aspirant

Hello @DexterJB

1. I am connected via ethernet cable.

2. When I try to sign in through either of those links, this is a snip of what I get.

3. I've read somewhere that sometimes when multiple people play the same game in the same room, they may think you are hacking and strict your connection or kick you all together. 

4. Regarding the pic, I do not have a wireless card on my pc so cannot connect that way. Could that be a problem?

Thanks,

McPoop

Message 3 of 7
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @McPoop,

1. Please try using the router's IP address (default is 192.168.1.1) and see if that works.

2. Please try using another device (another PC, mobile) via a browser.

3. You should be able to to get to the router's UI whether the device is wired or wireless.

4. Once you have access to the router's UI, you may want to look into port forwarding for the issue you are facing with the game. Additional info from the game developers (port numbers, protocols) maybe needed. The link below may help out.

https://kb.netgear.com/24289/

Regards,

Dexter

Community Team

Message 4 of 7
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @McPoop,

I would like to follow up and check if you are still experiencing the issue.

Regards,

Dexter
Community Team

Message 5 of 7
McPoop
Aspirant

hey Dexter,

I apologize for just getting back to you. I have tried though, to sign in using a different PC.  However, I have no clue as to what the username or password is, as I must have changed it when I first purchased because the default credentials are not being accepted. 

Message 6 of 7
McPoop
Aspirant

Dexter,

Scratch that last post. I was going through an old folder just now and found it! Just signed in so we shall see.

Regards,

McPoop

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7