Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Unable to see attached devices on Nighthawk App

Streambrewer
Initiate

Unable to see attached devices on Nighthawk App

Hi, any help would be appreciated.  Up through last night, I was able to see all of my attached devices accessing my router on the Nighthawk app though the device management section of the app.  Despite changing nothing overnight, this morning the device list is empty and simply states, "No device found!".  

I am able to log in to routerlogin.net without a problem and manage the devices from there.  I use an iPhone 8 for the app, and the router is the R6120.  I attempted to reboot and restart the modem and router--no change.  I successfully updated the firmware through the app to ensure I had the latest version--no change.  I deleted, reinstalled the app on my phone, and reconnected the app to the router--no change.  

Barring a better suggestion, my next step is a factory reset of the router.  

Any thoughts on how to get my device list to show back up on the app?  

Model: R6120|AC1200 Dual Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 17

Accepted Solutions
Streambrewer
Initiate

Re: Unable to see attached devices on Nighthawk App

OK, just updated the app to version 2.5.1.10 this morning and in the spirit of a festivus miracle, it seems to work again to show the devices.  So far, so good.

View solution in original post

Message 15 of 17

All Replies
oli1988
Tutor

I have the same issue on my iPhone.

Netgear updated their Nighthawk app yesterday and since the update the device manager is broken on iOS.

I didn't update the app on my iPad and it works fine.

So the issue is not on your side! Juste wait for Netgear to fix it...

Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 2 of 17
Obraznik
Initiate

I too upgraded the Nighthawk app from v2.4.24.1 which worked (sort of) to v 2.5.0.47 and lost the ability to connect to all devices.    Like you, I still have the old version on my iPad.   I have been in the software business for 30 years and I am blown away that @netgear would fail to test a new version adequately.  This is NOT a subtle, edge case.   Shameful.  I spent over an hour with tech support rep on chat, who had me remove the Night

@oli1988 wrote:

I have the same issue on my iPhone.

Netgear updated their Nighthawk app yesterday and since the update the device manager is broken on iOS.

I didn't update the app on my iPad and it works fine.

So the issue is not on your side! Juste wait for Netgear to fix it...

hawk app, and install several others (Genie..etc..) obviously to to avail.  Total waste of time.

The main reason for my call was to figure why I could not RE-NAME my devices on the Nighthawk app.  Having a dozen IP addresses is not helpful.  I can name them using the browser and connecting to directly to the cable model/router, but those new, understandable names do not appear in the Nighthawk app.   They either need to pull the user-entered names, or allow the user to change them via the app.   One or the other.

Model: C7000|Nighthawk - AC1900 WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 3 of 17
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello Community, 

For those experiencing issues with their Nighthawk app please send me a private message. Please provide me with the following info as I'd like for our support team to reach out for further assistance. 

Name: 

Email:

Phone:

App Version: (iOS or Android)

Router Model:

Router Firmware Version:

Thanks,

Christian 

Message 4 of 17
oli1988
Tutor

I'm on iOS, everything is on the latest version... Including my XR500 router... Voilà!
Message 5 of 17
Vanrick
Aspirant

Firmware v1.0.0.66
iPhone 7 and iPhone SE (2020)
Same problem after installing latest app update
Model: R6120|AC1200 Dual Band WiFi Router
Message 6 of 17
dcliddle
Aspirant

ios version latest  firmware latest and no devices in my device view for nighthawk app

Model: R6250|Smart WiFi Router (AC1600)
Message 7 of 17
SheWin
Star

I have rebooted my router, unplugged and started over, deleted and reloaded the app, logged out and back in, shut off all devices and deleted the internet from each and changed the wifi password - still no devices recognized. I have devices that were "turned off" before the issue and cannot "turn them back on". All other devices are connected and show up with correct wifi and password. I have had to load and re-load this app weekly because it logs me out and will not let me get back in...this has been the most annoying issue by far...PLEASE update the app or give us a solution!

Thank you.

Model: R6300v2|AC1750 Dual Band Gigabit router
Message 8 of 17
kjones104
Aspirant

my nighthawk app said firmware needs to update. so i let it do its thing and then went to reaccess it and no devices found as well. so I went to router login and unblocked devices i had block for parental control and free up wifi use. the devices that were blocked couldn

t access the internet and because i cant see them on the app to unblock them i had to go through the online to do it. what a pain.

Message 9 of 17
SheWin
Star

I tried going to routerlogin.net and it tells me my "password will be sent encrypted" - I never get past this step on my phone or computer. I know I have the correct info....really wish we could solve this issue and be able to use our internet that we pay for everyday on the router we purchased to do it's job....grrrr....

Message 10 of 17
infemity
Initiate

Same issue.  I'm a parent who bought this router so I could easily toggle usage on and off as needed.  Device manager displays..."No Device Found!"   Modem connects direct to router...no extender. I did factory reset & reinstalled app...all firmware is current.   I'm still showing 0 devices in the app. I can see all devices if I login to router via web browser but not what I paid for.  Thanks.

App Version: iOS 

Router Model: Nighthawk XR500

Router Firmware Version:   v2.3.2.56

Message 11 of 17
millerjadam
Aspirant

did you solve your issue of getting devices to show up on the app?  I'm having the same problem.

Message 12 of 17
millerjadam
Aspirant

I'm having the same issue! Did you get it resolved?

Message 13 of 17
SheWin
Star

no resolution yet on the app - i guess you can log in online to routerlogin.net and block and unblock your devices...however i am not able to log in to that either - waiting on a tech to call me to fix that.....

Message 14 of 17
Streambrewer
Initiate

OK, just updated the app to version 2.5.1.10 this morning and in the spirit of a festivus miracle, it seems to work again to show the devices.  So far, so good.

Message 15 of 17
infemity
Initiate

Version 2.5.1.10 iOS app seems to have fixed the issue for me too! Thx for heads up & thx to developers!
Message 16 of 17
SheWin
Star

Well hallelujah - the app update restored the device manager - do your update and all should be well. Also - if this happens again with the app...I was able to control everything on the internet using routerlogin.net - not as easy but still doable.

Model: R6400|AC1750 Smart WiFi Router
Message 17 of 17
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 16 replies
  • 7 kudos
  • 10 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7