Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

WiFi Analyzer Requested in App

CalCal23
Apprentice

WiFi Analyzer Requested in App

NetGear Team,

I found out that using a WiFi analyzer helps the end user determine which bands to set the NightHawk routers to for minimal interference from a crowded WiFi environment.  Thankfully I had my Nvidia Shield with the free WiFi Analyzer app for Android devices.  How about in the next firmware / app update for these high-end NightHawk WiFi routers, we include a Network Analyzer to deconflict WiFi bands to give the end user optimal performance.  Additionally, how about an "AUTO" function for selecting your WiFi bands in the 5 GHz frequencies.  You have it on the latest firmware for the AC3200 in the 2.4 GHz frequency bands but how about including that on the 5 GHz bands.  I greatly appreciate all of the work that you do, so please, by all means, keep it up.  However, we need this functionality built into the routers so that we can maximize our setups in our respective enviornments.  Thanks for hearing a newbie out.

Very Respectfully,

Calvin

P.S. - for the rest of the community, who concurs with me????

Model: R8000|Nighthawk X6 AC3200 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 2
UK-based
Luminary

Re: WiFi Analyzer Requested in App

It's certainly good to have these features built into routers but we still need apps for use on mobile devices in order to be able to move around the environment to measure Wi-Fi dead spots, ideal reception locations, fall-off of 5GHz signals, etc. This is why I raised another discussion asking why the Netgear WiFi Analytics app has been removed from the Google Play Store. I would far rather use an app from Netgear than rely on an unknown source, 3rd-party app. Certainly, the WiFi Analyzer (open source) from VREM appears to offer similar features but I haven't used it myself so can't vouch for it. Is this the one you're using?

If Netgear don't put their app back on the Play Store, I may be forced to use someone else's.

Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7