Highlighted
Follower

XR500 + Nighthawk iOS app = no devices listed

I am unable to get the Nighthawk iOS app to show any of my connected devices, this appears to be a working feature based on other KB's I have run across. 

XR500 V2.3.2.40

image1 (1).pngimage2 (1).png

Message 1 of 12
Highlighted
Guru

Re: XR500 + Nighthawk iOS app = no devices listed

@Netduma-Fraser @Netduma_Jack @Netduma_Luke anything messed up with the App API recently (==XR500 V2.3.2.40)?

Message 2 of 12
Highlighted
Aspirant

Just installed the app and I’m having the same issue with my xr500, I also have a mesh extender EX7700 and when I switch to that one I can see the devices on it but not with the XR500
Model: EX7700|AC2200 Nighthawk X6 Tri-Band WiFi Mesh Extender, XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 3 of 12
Highlighted
Aspirant

Just adding another screenshot for evidence
Message 4 of 12
Highlighted
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @AdrianLab, welcome to the community! Upon checking on BeefDaddy's case, it looks like a factory reset on the XR500 resolved the issue. Is that something that you've tried before to fix the issue?

Dexter

Message 5 of 12
Highlighted
Aspirant

Hi DexterJB, thanks for the reply.

Following your suggestion I did a factory reset and then restored my settings (have a bunch of port redirections and IP's assigned I didn't want to lose or manually config again), after setting it all up and restoring the config, I went to my iOS app and opened the devices screen for my XR500 and got 0 devices again.

Model: EX7700|AC2200 Nighthawk X6 Tri-Band WiFi Mesh Extender, XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 6 of 12
Highlighted

@AdrianLab wrote:

Following your suggestion I did a factory reset and then restored my settings ...

If you restored settings from a backup, then you may also have restored the bug.

Try it without restoring the settings.If it still does not work, then by all means restore the settings from your backup.

Just another user.

My network DM200 -> R7800 -> GS316 -> PL1000 -> Orbi RBR40 -> Orbi RBS50Y -> RBS40V
Message 7 of 12
Highlighted
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @AdrianLab, as suggested by michaelkenward, see if not restoring your config will give a different result. Keep us posted.

Dexter

Message 8 of 12
Highlighted
Aspirant

Sorry for the suuuper late response, i decided to hold on to manually configure the router until appropiate, I did this yesterday, factory reset the XR500, set my dhcp and port forwarding manually without restoring any backup at all, and today I remembered about this and tried the app and sadly the app still shows no devices found in the device manager but also as an error now, I have the latest firmware.

Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 9 of 12
Highlighted
Guru

@DexterJB this error message might require some revision and update - reads like Chinese.

Message 10 of 12
Highlighted
Aspirant

I am having the same issue. Is there any update to a solution? 

Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 11 of 12
Highlighted

You might also try this over in the appropriate section for the XR500:

Nighthawk Pro Gaming Routers - NETGEAR Communities

Just another user.

My network DM200 -> R7800 -> GS316 -> PL1000 -> Orbi RBR40 -> Orbi RBS50Y -> RBS40V
Message 12 of 12
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 11 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 6 in conversation
Announcements