Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

nighthawk app anywhere access failure

smoke_showin
Tutor

nighthawk app anywhere access failure

What is going on with Anywhere Access? I have multiple routers that was all working fine a couple weeks ago. I can’t enable, disable, or see my routers anymore. All it says is something went wrong. Please try again. Tried both routerlogin.net and nighthawk app for weeks now.
Message 1 of 9

Accepted Solutions

Re: nighthawk app anywhere access failure

@smoke_showin wrote:
It has to be the app.

Which is something that you have not told us about in this one-way "conversation".

View solution in original post

Message 9 of 9

All Replies

@smoke_showin wrote:
I have multiple routers that was all working fine a couple weeks ago. I can’t enable, disable, or see my routers anymore.

What routers are they? What firmware is on them?

What mobile device are you using for Anywhere Access? Android? iOS?

Did you enable Anywhere Access on the browser graphical user interface (GUI)?

Message 2 of 9
xTEKNIKLx
Aspirant

Same. Mine hasn't been working for about a week and a half or more.

Can't enable or disable anywhere access using the app. Just gives a "Something went wrong. Try again" message. Repeatedly.

Tried resetting the router and doing a fresh setup as well.

Worked perfectly fine up until now.

Rax200
Firmware 1.0.10.140_1.0.79
Message 3 of 9
smoke_showin
Tutor

R7800s both routers are up to date. R7800-V1.0.2.90. However. A week or two ago. There was a different kind of update. I can’t remember what exactly it said but it ain’t worked since then. And it didn’t change firmware versions
Message 4 of 9

@smoke_showin wrote:
R7800s both routers are up to date. R7800-V1.0.2.90. However. A week or two ago. There was a different kind of update. I can’t remember what exactly it said but it ain’t worked since then. And it didn’t change firmware versions

Perhaps you are referring to the "language". That seems to be related to the language of the browser graphical user interface (GUI).

This has been known to get "disconnected" from the firmware.  There have been temporary issues like that in the past.

Try reinstalling the current firmware.

How do I manually upgrade firmware to my NETGEAR router? | Answer | NETGEAR Support

Anywhere Access works fine here in the latest R7800 firmware and the Android app.

Message 5 of 9
smoke_showin
Tutor

Brand new update. And still don’t work. Anywhere access was great now it’s a joke. I’m sure they turned it off or something to force you to upgrade.
Message 6 of 9

@smoke_showin wrote:
Brand new update. And still don’t work. Anywhere access was great now it’s a joke.

Anywhere Access still works here on my R7800 and R7000P.

My access is through a couple of Android devicess. App version 2.20.3.2515

I can even use ReadyCLOUD, another service that requires the MyNetgear cloud intermediary.

Can you login to MyNetgear on your mobile device?

Did you try reinstalling the firmware? (See above.)

While there have been issues with Anywhere Access, there haven't been that many recently. iOS devices have had hiccups but it isn't down to the router so much as fund and games at Apple Towers.

@smoke_showin wrote:
I’m sure they turned it off or something to force you to upgrade.

The main change on that front was a year or so ago when Netgear's partner withdrew from the free parental controls service. (You can still get it to work after a fashion.) And the introduction of subscriptions for parental controls and security (Armor). These show up in Anywhere Access: I just ignore them.

Message 7 of 9
smoke_showin
Tutor

It has to be the app.
Message 8 of 9

@smoke_showin wrote:
It has to be the app.

Which is something that you have not told us about in this one-way "conversation".

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7