Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

r7800

curltyop
Aspirant

r7800

I accidently deleted my second  r7800. How do I add it back on my account  I have the serial nbr but not the exact date of purchase

Message 1 of 6

Re: r7800

@curltyop wrote:

I accidently deleted my second  r7800. How do I add it back on my account  I have the serial nbr but not the exact date of purchase

Deleted from where?

What account?

Message 2 of 6
curltyop
Aspirant

Sorry,   i was using my nighthawk app and hit the delete ( the 3 dots vertically  to the right of the router    it removed the router from The Nighthawk app, the Netgear genie and mynetgear account

I just need to get it back

Message 3 of 6

@curltyop wrote:

Sorry,   i was using my nighthawk app and hit the delete ( the 3 dots vertically  to the right of the router    it removed the router from The Nighthawk app, the Netgear genie and mynetgear account

The app just reflects how you have set up the R7800.

For example, the app is used for Remote Management, among other things. If you go to the browser graphical user interface (GUI) for that router, is it set up for that?

The answer is to work out how it got into the app in the first place and then reproduce those moves.

Message 4 of 6
lsamm
Aspirant

Re: r6300v2 router and modem?

I am a novice and cutting the cable and need a docsis3.0 modem for my internet service. Does the netgear r6300v2 provided this service or only act as a wireless router. If not, what's the best performance for the price modem to purchase...>?

Model: R6300v2|AC1750 Dual Band Gigabit router
Message 5 of 6

Re: r6300v2 router and modem?

@lsamm wrote:

Does the netgear r6300v2 provided this service or only act as a wireless router. If not, what's the best performance for the price modem to purchase...>?

No. You will need a modem to work with the r6300v2.

Netgear sells various modem/routers for cable. (Look for the CMXXX label.) As well as standalone (CXXX) cable modems.

Cable | Networking | Home | NETGEAR 

By the way, you have added to a discussion about something completely different. A different router and a different problem.

The community rules don't like "hijacking".

NETGEAR Community Terms Of Service | Answer | NETGEAR Support

• Behave with civility and mutual respect. Flaming or name calling will not be tolerated. Similarly, any message containing the following will be removed at the discretion of either a Community moderator or administrator:
    • Off-Topic posting
    • Thread hi-jacking

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7