Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Nighthawk Mesh WiFi

Welcome to the Nighthawk Mesh Community

Advanced Whole Home WiFi Click to Buy Nighthawk Mesh WiFi 6

Security subscription on factory resetted system

raspypi
Follower

Security subscription on factory resetted system

System model is Netgear Nighthawk MK62

Hello, today i sold my old MK62 system to a relative but i still have about 9 months of the pro security left on my account that i made. I was wondering if it was possible to put it back on that system, i factory resetted both the router and satellite with the button on the back. I told him that I would give him the info to the account that has the security on it but i dont know if it will still have those 9 months left cause i resetted the routers. I assume it will still have the subscription because it connects to the router's serial number but i just want to make sure. did i just throw 9 months worth of a pro security subscription away?

Message 1 of 2
plemans
Guru

Re: Security subscription on factory resetted system

It should still work after the install. 

I know you have to contact customer service to transfer a subscription to a new device so I'd imagine it'd stay with an old one if you didn't go through the transfer process. 

https://kb.netgear.com/000060888/How-do-I-transfer-my-NETGEAR-Armor-subscription-from-one-NETGEAR-pr...

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7