× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: DumaOS is loading... This could take up to four minutes. Please wait.

Mike40
Apprentice

DumaOS is loading... This could take up to four minutes. Please wait.

Issue #1

I unplugged my CM1200 modem and my XR500 router two days ago.  I waited a minute then plugged them back in.  Since then I have kept getting the following message on my PC

DumaOS is loading...

This could take up to four minutes. Please wait.

If this takes more than four minutes, try rebooting your router to get back to DumaOS.

If I try to access it through my phone I get an error message that says "internal server error".

I waited 5 minutes.  Powered off the router and tried again.  Same thing.  I left for a few hours yesterday, unplugged both, and tried again. Same thing.  I left the tab open last night when I went to bed and it was still showing the same message when I woke up. After a hard reset, I got it to come up on my phone but not on my PC.  I have tried Chrome and Firefox with the same message.  If I turn off the router and turn it back on, I get the same message on my PC and then the error message on my phone.

Issue #2

I only play Modern Warfare III on my PC.  If I don't go into admin and reboot the router every time I play, I always get packet bursts.  This sucked but I could deal with it since it only takes about 3 minutes for it to reboot.  If I do the same thing on my phone I get a 401 - Unauthorized error.  When I try to log back in on my phone I get the "internal server error" message and I can no longer access DumaOS.

Can you please help with my two issues?

Message 1 of 17

Accepted Solutions
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Message 15 of 17

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

What browser are you using? 

What firmware version is loaded? 

Be sure your using a good quality LAN cable between the modem and router. CAT6 is recommended. 

Please post a copy and paste of the modems connection status and event log page.
https://kb.netgear.com/30007/How-do-I-obtain-the-cable-connection-information-from-a-NETGEAR-cable-m...
https://kb.netgear.com/30008/How-do-I-view-or-clear-the-event-logs-on-my-NETGEAR-cable-modem-or-mode...

Message 2 of 17
Mike40
Apprentice

What browser are you using? As stated above, I have tried Chrome and Firefox.

What firmware version is loaded? I'm 99.9% sure it's 2.3.2.134.  I can't look though unless I factory reset the router yet again and see if it tells me on my phone.

These are the CAT6 cables that I use.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B086H88T9W/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&th=1

Here is the event log.  If you can't see the screenshot, please let me know.

Mike40_0-1712868006096.png

Message 3 of 17
FURRYe38
Guru

Please post the cable connections data page as well.

Any Criticals, Errors or Warnings seen in the event logs needs to be reviewed and resolved by the ISP. Indicates a signal issue on the ISP line up to the modem.

Message 4 of 17
Mike40
Apprentice

Mike40_0-1712869727471.png

Message 5 of 17
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Go to the System Information page and then in the Rapp panel menu ≡ change the retries to 5, reboot from the interface, wait 2 minutes before accessing and see if it works then please.
Message 6 of 17
FURRYe38
Guru

OK, signals look good. 
ISP needs to check and clear those event logs though. 

@Mike40 

Message 7 of 17
Mike40
Apprentice

Go to the System Information page and then in the Rapp panel menu ≡ change the retries to 5, reboot from the interface, wait 2 minutes before accessing and see if it works then please.

How do I do this?  I do not see this in the app version and I can not access DumaOS on anything else.

Message 8 of 17
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

You wouldn't be able to do it on the app. Probably best to do a factory reset if you can never regain access via a reboot and then do it
Message 9 of 17
Mike40
Apprentice

I've already done a factory reset about 5 times and it doesn't help anything other than wasting about 10 minutes setting everything up.
Message 10 of 17
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

I'd suggest reupgrading the firmware using the TFTP method, this bypasses the boot process and any issues there then once done do a factory reset for the freshest install possible: https://kb.netgear.com/000059634/How-do-I-upload-firmware-to-my-NETGEAR-router-using-TFTP-from-the-M...
Message 11 of 17
Mike40
Apprentice

So I did all the steps, but my power button never flashed orange.  Once I plug it back in, it is solid orange for about a second or two, then it goes off for about a second or two, then back to solid orange.  It stays solid orange for about two to three minutes then it turns white.  I tried executing the command prompt when it first turned orange, when it went off, and again when it went solid orange again.  I unplugged it for 10 - 15 seconds each time with the same result, connect failed request.  I tried the Tftpd64 method and it stayed on block #0 (or something like that) for about 45 minutes and didn't do anything.  I unplugged the router for about two hours and tried everything again with the same results. I changed the IPv4 back to the original settings since nothing worked.  Now the router can not connect to the internet at all.  I tried doing a factory reset but it doesn't even bring me to the page it usually does to set it up.  It just says "dumaos is not running".  The WiFi doesn't work either.  The only way I can use my internet now is to have my PC connected directly to the CM1200 modem.  I've wasted about 4 hours today trying to get this thing to work.  Since the router is now a $250 dust collector, I unplugged it.  PLEASE tell me there is another solution so that I can start using my router again.  I was recently laid off so I really can't afford to purchase a new one.

Message 12 of 17
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

If those options aren't working there is a program called nmrpflash that then usually works for people to get it upgraded via TFTP
Message 13 of 17
Mike40
Apprentice

Which one should I download?  I'm using Windows 11.

Mike40_0-1713022614941.png

Message 14 of 17
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Message 15 of 17
Mike40
Apprentice

After doing the nmrpflash, unplugging the modem and router, it FINALLY works again.

Thanks dude.  I appreciate it 🙂

Message 16 of 17
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

That's great to hear, thanks for the update!
Message 17 of 17
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 16 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7