× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

How Do I know if Warzone Geo Filter is working?

Netduma-Liam
NetDuma Partner

Re: How Do I know if Warzone Geo Filter is working?

If you are not geographically close to India, the ping will always be high to there, whether you're using a VPN or not. In fact, it will actually be higher with a VPN.

Message 51 of 77
MaCeMe
Aspirant

Hey,

Any solution why it still doesn’t find any games out of my own country? (Netherlands). I really want to play on some servers outside my country, like poland, italy or something. if i put my geo filter to some servers with a ping assist of 20/30 it keeps looking for games like <57ms ping. Any fix for this? When i set my geo filter to netherland it does find games within 10 seconds.
Message 52 of 77
Netduma-Liam
NetDuma Partner

Are you using Polygon mode? I'd suggest trying to draw some polygons around specific servers if not and see if that gets you a game.

Message 53 of 77
MaCeMe
Aspirant

I am going to try that! I never did use polygon mode. But, do i have to draw this around servers which are showing up in the ping heat map? Or is it okay to also draw these lines around clean countries without servers?
Message 54 of 77
Netduma-Liam
NetDuma Partner

You can draw these however you please, that's a beauty of it!

Message 55 of 77
MaCeMe
Aspirant

Hey, I tried to find matches with polygon, covering 3 servers. Ping assist 0, 30, 50, 80. Still can not find any games? Any solution for this? It keeps looking for a game <126 ping.
Message 56 of 77
Netduma-Liam
NetDuma Partner

It's odd that you still couldn't get a game with your ping assist on. Do you currently have an Open NAT in-game?

Message 57 of 77
MaCeMe
Aspirant

Yes it is. I opened the specific ports for the router. On my Genexis modem it shows in call of duty “open nat type”. But, when i turn my geo filter on on my XR500, the open nat type changes to moderate in Call of Duty. In a post in the past you said it shows it’s moderate but in reality your nat type is open.
Message 58 of 77
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Yes it will be open NAT that way. Do this please, completely quit the game to the console dashboard
Remove the device from the Geo-Filter
Re-sync the cloud
Re-add the device to the Geo-Filter and choose the manual option
Setup your settings with 0 Ping Assist
Wait 2 minutes
Boot up the game
Then see if it adheres to your settings.
Message 59 of 77
MaCeMe
Aspirant

Hey, i tried all these steps this afternoon and it still doesn’t find any games when covering 3 servers in italy, poland, saoedi arabi or what ever.. it only find games in and around netherland. I also tried to reboot router, tried with a VPN as well but still keeps looking for games like 30 minutes and don’t find anything.
Message 60 of 77
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

You're using PC is that correct? You will need to change the region that Battle.net uses to Europe and then it will be easier.
Message 61 of 77
MaCeMe
Aspirant

Hey sir! I uses a PC. In dumaos it shows as a console, as you said.

In battlenet the region is set to Europe already. Do i have to try asia servers there when i switch to asia in Dumaos? Maybe that’s why it’s not working when searching for games there?
Message 62 of 77
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Yes you would need to do that!
Message 63 of 77
MaCeMe
Aspirant

I just tried it and it still can not find any games when switching from region.
Message 64 of 77
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

The purpose of the Geo-Filter isn't to force servers that far away so there is no guarantee that will work and if it does search times will be long and ping will be high. Can you provide a screenshot of what you're seeing please?
Message 65 of 77
Albowski56
Aspirant

Hi my router is coming today and been reading all the guidance in advance so thanks for that.

My first attempt will be to just use a vpn to change to Qatar (I'm UK) as my friend is based there with the military and despite my squads kds ranging from 1.36 to 3.10 it still puts us in bronze lobbies regularly. I get between 60-120 ping but it's very manageable. I'll post how my testing goes as I'll be trying everything.

Thanks again for this thread.
Message 66 of 77
MaCeMe
Aspirant

Hey sir,

Please let me know if it’s going to work out and how you did it. So when you join your friend in Qatar which he hosts, you get a lot of bronze lobbies?
Message 67 of 77
kimkam09
Aspirant

can i used exitlag while using geofilter?
Message 68 of 77
kimkam09
Aspirant

how will i know my geofilter is working?
Message 69 of 77
Netduma-Liam
NetDuma Partner

I don't see why you shouldn't be able to use exitlag with Geo-filter, are you experiencing any issues with it?

You know that Geo-filter is working when you see that you're connecting to a server within your radius in Geo-filter.

Message 70 of 77
kimkam09
Aspirant

cause without exitlag i think my geofilter is not working
Message 71 of 77
Netduma-Liam
NetDuma Partner

OK sure, what's indicating that it's not working? What symptoms are you experiencing?

Message 72 of 77
kimkam09
Aspirant

when im locating my ping on other server like brazil. supposedly im going to have 140 ping but my ping is still for na server. im livinv in san francisco.
do i need to use my exit lag to get brazil server?
Message 73 of 77
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

You have to put your radius over the server you want in order to connect to it, pinging the server doesn't make the connection. You also may not be able to get that server due to the distance from you
Message 74 of 77
kimkam09
Aspirant

what do you mean radius?
Message 75 of 77
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 76 replies
  • 6 kudos
  • 6 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7