× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Latest firmware download

Baturi
Apprentice

Re: Latest firmware download

yeah i am getting that error as well
Message 51 of 466
mboiadjiev
Initiate

For me everything works fine qos, ipv6. Very good work, thank you.

Message 52 of 466
Raf1212
Apprentice

ipv6 does not work for me, wifi lost internet today, restart helped,
further shows ipv6 prefixes on phones (ipv6 disabled)

pings in games are 15 to 20 ms higher than on isp livebox (ping 30/60)
xr500 (55/75) horrible gaming experience

Message 53 of 466
Phantomblu
Apprentice

Re: Ultimo download del firmware

Screenshot (5).png

Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 54 of 466
Baturi
Apprentice

Why does Traffic Prioritization keeps flashing on/off even when i am playing the game @Netduma_Alex
Message 55 of 466
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

@Phantomblu is that when you tried to add a rule or is it just when you access the page initially?
@kxndal what is your exact physical setup? What is the XR connected to?
@Bishop555 does IPv6 work for you?
@iceway_zhang can you help with the IPv6 issue for @Raf1212 please?
@Baturi the game doesn’t just use that port which is why it isn’t active all the time. Would recommend you use DumaOS Classified Games.
Message 56 of 466
iielmesswavy
Apprentice

Issue with IPV6. 

Anytime I do any changes like for example enable HT160 or disable it. IPV6 lose it properties of being applied to all devices forcing me to disable it and re-enable it for it to function once more.

Issue with QoS

Anytime I make adjustment to the Bandwith Allocation area it never seems to save and it gives an error initially RPC error 'ERROR_NOENT': Rule not found in chain

*P.S- after ignoring the message and clicking okay it would seem like it saves but then goes away eventually*

Message 57 of 466
Bishop555
Guide

@Netduma-Fraser i have ipv6 turned off in the router which is a mystery on why it even shows up. I see in the device manager certain wifi devies have a ipv6 address which ranges from amazon to ipad and apple tv, when i look at the devices i dont see the assignments

Message 58 of 466
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

@iielmesswavy @iceway_zhang please help with the IPv6 issue. Regarding QoS, are you dragging the percentages or clicking the devices on the side or just pressing update/reset?
@Bishop555 did you have it enabled previously?
Message 59 of 466
Bishop555
Guide

@Netduma-Fraser no, i've restarted these devices, when i loaded the firmware i did the whole erase procedure etc, the devices themsevles seem to operate just fine. Prior to this i was on the stable build this is the first 3.0 beta firmware that has been loaded which was yesterday afternoon

Message 60 of 466
Phantomblu
Apprentice

@Netduma-Fraser wrote:
@Phantombluis that when you tried to add a rule or is it just when you access the page initially?
@kxndalwhat is your exact physical setup? What is the XR connected to?
@Bishop555does IPv6 work for you?
@iceway_zhangcan you help with the IPv6 issue for @Raf1212 please?
@Baturithe game doesn’t just use that port which is why it isn’t active all the time. Would recommend you use DumaOS Classified Games.

@Phantombluis that when you tried to add a rule or is it just when you access the page initially?

@Netduma-Fraser It happens when you try to add any rule. No problem when you access the page.

Message 61 of 466
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Message 62 of 466
iielmesswavy
Apprentice

@Netduma-Fraser I am draggin percentage on a device then clicking update. 

Message 63 of 466
Xavg
Star

Hello,

My first feedback on the forum. Before i will begin, i just wanna say thank you Netduma and Netgear for this update.

The XR 500 have been flashed with the last beta (104) with tfpd and a reset to be clean. I use a Pihole for DHCP (because of Orange DNS).

Error encoutered :

IPV6 :

[DumaOS] Error parsing line in ARP table: 'fe80::d65e:ecff:fe70:5fc0 dev br0 lladdr d4:5e:ec:70:5f:c0 STALE' -> already commented on this thread and i have disabled ipv6.

- Block Services -> doesn't work when a device have a ipv6 adresse. Maybe blocking services with mac adresses will be more effciient ?

WAN :

Orange FTTH France -> can't change the DNS. I don't use phone or TV box from Orange so adding a section in dhcp (lan) where we can change the DNS is possible (with a warning) ?

Device Manager :

Some devices appear to be offline even if they are online. They appear on the arp table and respond to ping.

Message 64 of 466
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

@iielmesswavy if you click on the devices on the side and then adjust in the panel there do you get the same error?
Message 65 of 466
Raf1212
Apprentice

today disturbing problems, the connection to the routerlogin.net website disappeared when I tried to connect to routerlogin.com such things blocked my orange (kasperky) antivirus, restarting the router helped restore the interface

https://imgur.com/tUJtI7f

https://imgur.com/B5gU37l

https://imgur.com/oUtzFzZ

Message 66 of 466
brandoff7
Star

I attempted to deploy this new firmware yesterday to my XR500.

Uploaded firmware via Administration > Firmware Upgrade and it loaded correctly.

Factory Reset via Administration > Backup Settings > Erase

Attempted Manual Setup

Once setup was complete I was not even able to get to the dashboard I kept getting the error "R-App not loaded please wait a minute"

I was not able to get into the router at all. I attempted a Factory Reset via Reset button and then re-uploading firmware via TFTP but no change. Browser in use was Google Chrome (Windows), Firefox, Edge & Safari but no change.

I was able to re-upload the .56 firmware via TFTP and factory reset and get the router back to operational.

Any suggestions on what's gone wrong or what I can do to make this work?

Message 67 of 466
iielmesswavy
Apprentice

@Netduma-Fraser 

Yes, even after following your directions. It would still seem that error occurs. I have attached the image of the error below.  

Message 68 of 466
quadrophenic
Apprentice

@brandoff7 this has happened to quite a few users. I think when you upgrade to this latest version the router tries to do some sort of cloud sync hence the unresponsive time. I went through the same steps as you but it eventually became responsive after about 20-30 mins of just leaving it idle. @Netduma-Fraser  should maybe clarify this process because if this is whats happening its not very clear to the user if there is a problem or if the behaviour is normal. 

Since the first reboot and painful wait, it has been fine, apart from the reported bugs of course. 

Message 69 of 466
brandoff7
Star

@quadrophenic wrote:

@brandoff7 this has happened to quite a few users. I think when you upgrade to this latest version the router tries to do some sort of cloud sync hence the unresponsive time. I went through the same steps as you but it eventually became responsive after about 20-30 mins of just leaving it idle. @Netduma-Fraser  should maybe clarify this process because if this is whats happening its not very clear to the user if there is a problem or if the behaviour is normal. 

Since the first reboot and painful wait, it has been fine, apart from the reported bugs of course. 

@quadrophenic appreciate the response. Ok, so doing the upgrade then waiting 20-30 minutes should let me in, interesting and very weird. I'll attempt this again on Sunday so I can test some of the other features.

It is strange how it tries to do a cloud sync but you only configure WiFi settings during manual setup, you'd think it would make sense to at least set WAN and maybe LAN settings here so you could have an internet connection to sync with. I guess they're assuming everyone has a DHCP based Internet link. My link is static which makes this process harder.

Message 70 of 466
betrhlf
Aspirant

will this beta work on the xr450 since they both use the same stock firmware between them.

Message 71 of 466
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

@Raf1212 I can’t comment on the blockages as nothing to do with the router. In regards to the interface, in that screenshot you missed the n from routerlogin which is why it didn’t load.
@brandoff7 how long did you wait when it said Rapp not loaded? Should load within 30 seconds or so. Also if you clear the browser cache/cookies it should work.
@iielmesswavy thank you, I have reopened our internal ticket for this and informed the developer.
@quadrophenic that shouldn’t happen any longer.
@betrhlf you can’t use this firmware file but we will release a separate version for 450.
Message 72 of 466
Raf1212
Apprentice

I know that you work hard, but it is starting to be disturbing that there was not a stable version yet, 104 still has problems with losing the internet today the qos page is not loading at all, a disaster, it gets worse every day

Message 73 of 466
iielmesswavy
Apprentice

not to be rude @Raf1212, but this comes with the territory of it being beta. A lot of factors can affect your router and by sounds of it something else might be affecting yours beside the router it self. 

@Netduma-Fraser  No problem brotha, I got you.

Message 74 of 466
mathmath51
Apprentice

Hi,

So my feedback about this new version :

• Like many, even with IPV6 disabled, I got this message repeating in the logs : [DumaOS] Error parsing line in ARP table: 'fe80::835b:5730:f1f5:a756 dev br0 lladdr 0c:2c:54:8f:6d:26 STALE', Saturday, Septembe
  • Device manager tends to show as offline device too quickly when they are not (then they are back online a second later) like the TV when you are streaming (when it stops buffering it turns offline then online a second later when it resumes buffering)
  • Speed test seems to work better
  • On the geofilter, the profile list is still not the same than the one displayed the first time you set up a device (Destiny vs Destiny 2 PC for example)

Overall experience is much better for now than with the previous version

Message 75 of 466
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7