× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
× Introducing the new Orbi 770 Series Mesh System. To learn more click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

A few irritating things. XR1000

Xarox1970
Initiate

A few irritating things. XR1000

Hi!

Jeez, this thing is giving me gray hair. I had a ASUS router before this one, but, I wanted one with higher bandwith. So, got this one on sale, half price about a week ago. I run the latest firmware.

1. Login to Duma.

This works fine. You do what you need to do, then, you want to logout from the router. There is no way to logout. So, shut the webbrowser page or the app on the phone and that is it. The only problem is that when you are going to login again, you will get an error. Cannot log in, so, only way to fix that is to reboot the router. Wtf? The ASUS that I had I could logout when I was done and it worked fine to login again when I wanted to.

2. Router disconnects.

The router disconnects devices saying they are offline, even my main computer once. I had to reboot, there was no other way.

I was going to print some things, but, the printer had been disconnected by the router. Only way to get it online again was to reboot the printer. I tried to reboot the router, but, that didn't fix the offline issue.

Oh, btw, I have everything wired, no wifi except my iphone 12 pro. Btw, when I use the iphone, it still says it is offline in the network but it is connect and I surf just fine with it.

How do I keep devices online at all times? Super frustrating!

I strongly consider returning this router and getting an ASUS one instead.

Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Re: A few irritating things. XR1000

You can log out from the 3 dots icon top right of the interface. What is the error you're seeing exactly when trying to login?

The offline/online on Device Manager is quite sensitive, even if the device is connected but not using internet it will show offline until it uses the internet. In LAN Settings, set the DHCP range to start at .50, then assign reserved IP addresses to devices between .2 & .49 so they're out of the DHCP range, apply, reboot from the interface, wait 4 minutes and see if that stops the disconnects.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

You can log out from the 3 dots icon top right of the interface. What is the error you're seeing exactly when trying to login?

The offline/online on Device Manager is quite sensitive, even if the device is connected but not using internet it will show offline until it uses the internet. In LAN Settings, set the DHCP range to start at .50, then assign reserved IP addresses to devices between .2 & .49 so they're out of the DHCP range, apply, reboot from the interface, wait 4 minutes and see if that stops the disconnects.
Message 2 of 3
Xarox1970
Initiate

Holy crap!

The logout was under the 3 dots, sure, but under "router admin". I looked everywhere and searched the internet for the logout. Watched through videos about this router just to find that damn logout button. Finally, I gave up! To me, there was no logout. To me, Netgear had decided that they didn't need one.

I would have to reproduce the error when just shutting down the browser tab and logging back in. I can't remember what kind of error i was. I've been rebooting the router each time I've been logged in to make settings just to avoid the error. Also even if I didn't change anything in settings, I rebooted because of the error. Did I mention grey hair? 😂

Ok, I'll assign ip-adresses from 2-49. Hopefully that will fix things...

Thanks for your help! 🙂

Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi 770 Series