× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
× Introducing the new Orbi 770 Series Mesh System. To learn more click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Does Geo filter XR 1000 working for mobile gaming ? Or how much effective for mobile gaming

Saiful
Follower

Does Geo filter XR 1000 working for mobile gaming ? Or how much effective for mobile gaming

I wanted to purchase xr1000 router for mobile gaming. Does Netgear nighthawk pro xr1000 geo filter can help me to finding the selected radius areas player for mobile gaming ? I play pubg mobile call of duty mobile etc. I like to play in Pakistani player. So if I select my radius over the pakistan map there are any possibility to get matching with pakistani Player ? I mean I wanted to play in Pakistani lobby. I want my lobby's 100 pakistani Player. I used vpn to change my location to matchmaking with the selected countries player. And 90% time I matching with pakistani server. So I wanted to change my location avoiding use vpn. I want to change location by xr1000 geo filter. So this geo filter can help me to get matchmaking with selected areas player or server for mobile gaming ?

Note : my device are Android phone and ipad pro
Message 1 of 4
plemans
Guru

Re: Does Geo filter XR 1000 working for mobile gaming ? Or how much effective for mobile gaming

You might get better responses in the pro gaming forum instead of the general wifi router forum. 

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-Pro-Gaming-Routers/bd-p/en-home-nighthawk-pro-gaming-rout...

Message 2 of 4
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Re: Does Geo filter XR 1000 working for mobile gaming ? Or how much effective for mobile gaming

We don't generally support mobile gaming too much so we haven't tested whether that could work - it might work but we couldn't guarantee it.
Message 3 of 4
plemans
Guru

Thanks for chiming in @Netduma-Fraser !

Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi 770 Series