× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

DumaOS Traffic Controller not loading rules

Jaydos101
Tutor

DumaOS Traffic Controller not loading rules

Hey All, 

I was just wondering, For some odd reason not of my rules are loading in the DumaOS traffic Controller i've tried to delete the device and readd it but after i make the rule nothing seems to stay there on the list, The rules do work and stay active tho but i want to modify them and delete some 

Message 1 of 6
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Re: DumaOS Traffic Controller not loading rules

Did you delete the device from the Device Manager at any stage? I think the only solution to this may be a factory reset. If you're going to do that though it may be worth upgrading to the beta first: https://forum.netduma.com/topic/51611-new-xr500-beta-firmware-33535/
Message 2 of 6
Jaydos101
Tutor

Yes I did delete the device, I will factory reset it and update my firmware very soon, I had another question it’s with blocking devices, I’ve been having problems with blocking devices on my wifi, Specifically an iphone of one of my family members everytime I blocked his phone he turns off and on a setting called “ wifi address” which creates a new device on my wifi called “unnamed device” it totally bypasses the wifi block is there any other way I could block his device without him doing this constantly, Even if I changed the password whenever I reconnect him,if you go into the iPhones wifi settings it literally shows him the password so changing the password does nothing because if i disconnect him he will just reconnect and changing the password messes with the rest of my house hold devices, Is there literally any way i could
Fix this
Edit- I attached an image down below would reducing the unused ip address down to just the amount of devices I have in my house hold stop him from turning that wifi address off then on and getting a new ip/mac address ?
I’m far from an expert this is just somthing I found online and was seeing if it could be helpful
Message 3 of 6
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

That setting does make things tricky, that option basically makes it appear as a different device entirely but if you gave every device a static/reserved IP in Settings, including his - when it has that option disabled and is connected and then disable DHCP then yes it would prevent him getting internet unless he disabled that option. However, he could set a static IP on his device to bypass it.
Message 4 of 6
Jaydos101
Tutor

Oh I see, Is there any way I could limit how many devices being connected to the wifi so if he makes a new one it won’t let him join?
Message 5 of 6
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Unfortunately not, I believe Netgear removed that feature some time ago
Message 6 of 6
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7