× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Geofilter The rapp is not loaded yet.

RaidenOsamu
Guide

Geofilter The rapp is not loaded yet.

The geofilter does not load at all for me and I get this error message. Same as for ping heatmap.

Message 1 of 22
Netduma-Liam
NetDuma Partner

Re: Geofilter The rapp is not loaded yet.

Could you please clarify exactly which router you're using and which firmware version it's currently running?

Could you also please let us know which browser are you accessing the interface from?

Message 2 of 22
RaidenOsamu
Guide

Thanks for replying! I was able to get the geofilter to work after reseting the router and installing the firmware again! A new issue that I have now is since I have fiber for my PS5 I get 800 to 900 Mbps through the modem supplied by the ISP but after connecting to the router I get 500 Mbps for download speeds. 

Message 3 of 22
RaidenOsamu
Guide

Netgear XR1000 and it is on firmware 1.0.0.64_1.0.49

Message 4 of 22
FURRYe38
Guru

I'm able to get to GeoFilter using MS Edge:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-Pro-Gaming-Routers/New-XR1000-Firmware-Version-1-0-0-64-R...

Have you factory reset the router and setup from scratch using MS Edge? 

What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

Message 5 of 22
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Are you testing the speed on the console or on a PC? The console tests can be inaccurate - if you're getting the speed on a PC then the console won't be limited.
Message 6 of 22
RaidenOsamu
Guide

I did the test on console and yesterday when I did a speedtest on the PC it gave me an even lower number of somewhere around 50 Mbps for upload and download haha. I got fiber optic last month and signed up for the 5000 Mbps plan since I have smart home devices as well at my home. 

Message 7 of 22
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Message 8 of 22
RaidenOsamu
Guide

Yeah, yesterday after factory resetting the router it worked for me using Chrome. I havent tried it on Edge yet. The manufacturer is Humax and the model number is BGW320-500

Message 9 of 22
FURRYe38
Guru

"5000Mbps"? or 500Mpbs? 

@RaidenOsamu wrote:

I did the test on console and yesterday when I did a speedtest on the PC it gave me an even lower number of somewhere around 50 Mbps for upload and download haha. I got fiber optic last month and signed up for the 5000 Mbps plan since I have smart home devices as well at my home. 

Message 10 of 22
RaidenOsamu
Guide

Thank you 🙂

Message 11 of 22
FURRYe38
Guru

Your ISP Modem already has a built in router and wifi. This would be a double NAT (two router) condition which isn't recommended. This would be a double NAT condition which isn't recommended. https://kb.netgear.com/30186/What-is-Double-NAT
https://kb.netgear.com/30187/How-to-fix-issues-with-Double-NAT
Couple of options,
1. Configure the modem for transparent bridge or modem only mode. Then use the NG router in router mode. You'll need to contact the ISP for help and information in regards to the modem being bridged correctly.
2. If you can't bridge the modem, disable ALL wifi radios on the modem, configure the modems DMZ/ExposedHost or IP Pass-Through for the IP address the NG router gets from the modem. https://kb.netgear.com/25891/DMZ-on-NETGEAR-routers
https://kb.netgear.com/24086/How-do-I-set-up-a-default-DMZ-server-on-my-Nighthawk-router
3. Or disable all wifi radios on the modem and connect the NG router to the modem, LAN to LAN configure AP mode on the NG router.
https://kb.netgear.com/20927/How-do-I-change-my-NETGEAR-router-to-AP-mode

I would try option #2 first...

@RaidenOsamu wrote:

Yeah, yesterday after factory resetting the router it worked for me using Chrome. I havent tried it on Edge yet. The manufacturer is Humax and the model number is BGW320-500

Message 12 of 22
RaidenOsamu
Guide

Sorry about that. A typo on my end. It is 5000 Mbps. Thank you for your help 🙂

Message 13 of 22
FURRYe38
Guru

So you have a 5Gb ISP service on the down? 

Message 14 of 22
RaidenOsamu
Guide

Yes 🙂 Also a reply to your above message as well about the modem being a double NAT.Thank you for the information as well for that. I really appreciate it from both of you guys! Will make sure to call AT&T for help with setting it to modem only mode 🙂 When I originally had the Netduma R1 the Netduma support like Liam and Fraisier were a great help and you are also a big help as well. Thank you for taking the time to help me. I really appreciate this! 🙂

Message 15 of 22
FURRYe38
Guru

If your on a 5Gb service plan, know that the XR router will never see anything over 900Mpbs since both it's WAN and LAN ports only support 1000Mpbs. So you might select a 1Gb plan from your ISP. 

Keep us posted. 

Message 16 of 22
RaidenOsamu
Guide

I see! Thank you for clarifying! Would that also be the same for the PS5 having a cap on speeds as well?
Message 17 of 22
FURRYe38
Guru

Yes. The LAN port on the console is only 1000Mpbs supporting. 

Message 18 of 22
RaidenOsamu
Guide

Oh I didn't know that! Thank you 😁
Message 19 of 22
FURRYe38
Guru

👍

Message 20 of 22
RaidenOsamu
Guide

Spoke with a representative for ATT and we did an IP Passthrough on the ATT gateway for the Netgear router using the MAC address for it. We also turned off the wireless features for both frequencies as well.
Message 21 of 22
FURRYe38
Guru

👍

Message 22 of 22
Discussion stats
  • 21 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7