× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Need Some Help Please..

Angrybee
Tutor

Need Some Help Please..

i'm not sure what is going on. i had restarted my  Modem and Router, just to be on the safe side anyhow i have seem my router log saying that i am being DDos. and it looks like my router crashed or something here  are some screen shots is there something wrong with my router?router today.PNGrouter today 2.PNG

Message 1 of 14
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Need Some Help Please..

Disconnect the WAN port from the modem then reboot the router. Look at the logs again. Still seeing this?

What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem?

Message 2 of 14
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

It's not a DDoS attack. Its a common entry on Netgear routers. The log is verbose as it's primarily for development teams so I would not pay attention to it. Are you having an issue?
Message 3 of 14
Angrybee
Tutor

i'll be sure to try that and i am running a comcast  modem there new one  ARRIS Group, Inc. TG3482G and sometimes the net is like is slowing down. not sure if it due to not having qos set right  or what. 

Message 4 of 14
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

What are your QoS settings and what are the paids you pay for?
Message 5 of 14
Angrybee
Tutor

250 down and 12. uploadqus.PNG

Message 6 of 14
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Picture hasn't loaded yet but I'll take a look back in the morning (BST) when it has an give advice.
Message 7 of 14
Angrybee
Tutor

okay thank you 🙂

Message 8 of 14
FURRYe38
Guru

Modem Combo Units:
Couple of options,
1. Configure the modem for transparent bridge mode. You'll need to contact the ISP for help and information in regards to the modem being bridged correctly.
2. If you can't bridge the modem, disable ALL wifi radios on the modem, configure the modems DMZ for the IP address the XR router gets from the modem. 

@Angrybee wrote:

i'll be sure to try that and i am running a comcast  modem there new one  ARRIS Group, Inc. TG3482G and sometimes the net is like is slowing down. not sure if it due to not having qos set right  or what. 

Message 9 of 14
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

What do you mean exactly by it's slowing down? From your current settings speeds will be throttled when it detects gaming. Is that what you mean? It's to prevent local congestion but you shouldn't see a noticeable impact online only on a speed test. Also make sure that bandwidth allocation share excess is enabled for both download/upload. You should only have DumaOS Classified Games enabled in Traffic Prioritization or a manual service for a game. If you've done ports and it's too broad that will be the issue.
Message 10 of 14
Angrybee
Tutor

in bridge mode i had them check some things on it and some settings was off when it got hooked up so they fixed it for me 🙂

Message 11 of 14
Angrybee
Tutor

it was like the router wasn't getting the speed it should of been getting from my modem. i did get this fixed by calling comcast some settings was off on the modem. 🙂 all good now an thank you all for the help! 

Message 12 of 14
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Great to hear that! Thanks for updating us with the solution!
Message 13 of 14
Angrybee
Tutor

okay i am now seeing this in my routers logs and  DHCP lease change and  DHCP new event i am pretty sure this last part is ok just comast change out my  addr or something 🙂  today.PNGtoday2.PNG

Message 14 of 14
Discussion stats
  • 13 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7