× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgear xr500 doesn't detect internet to install

Stevecook
Apprentice

Netgear xr500 doesn't detect internet to install

I'm trying to install the xr500 but when I go to router login and hit install it say I'm not connected to internet but if I hook my laptop up directly to mode which is netgear cm1000 the laptop. Connects to internet. Please help or just going return this router and try something else.
Model: XR500| Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Netgear xr500 doesn't detect internet to install

Power OFF both CM and XR. Power ON the CM modem first and let it sync. Power ON the XR router and walk thru the setup wizard with a wired PC connected to the XR router. 

Be sure to use a good quality LAN cable between the modem and router.

Message 2 of 8
Stevecook
Apprentice

I tried that it doesn't detect internet
Message 3 of 8
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

It may be because they both default to the same IP address, if thats not the case you should definitely be able to access it via the default LAN IP which is 192.168.1.1 to complete setup
Message 4 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

The CM doesn't have a router thus it won't have a 192.168.1.1 address. The Address should be 192.168.100.1. Mine is. 

Try swapping out LAN cabling between the CM and XR. 

Message 5 of 8
Netduma_Jack
NetDuma Partner

Worst case, factory reset the XR500. Starting afresh will let the router auto handle the internet setup, which should hopefully fix your problem.

https://kb.netgear.com/9665/How-do-I-perform-a-factory-reset-on-my-NETGEAR-router

Message 6 of 8
Stevecook
Apprentice

Jack I finally got it to connect but something going on where I play cod and the router is not letting me connect to dedicated server. It's not even showing dedicated servers near me but I pull up the dedicated server map and it shows there are supposed to be. It's like the router not ping the dedicated server. It's connecting me to peer servers. It doesn't change if in spectating mode or filtering mode.
Message 7 of 8
Netduma_Jack
NetDuma Partner

Hi Steve - set your filter to a range you like. 1000km - 2000km is good

Then hard reset your console. Should be ok after this.

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7