× Our systems will undergo a planned maintenance on Sunday, May 19, 2024, between 12:00 AM and 02:00 AM Pacific Time. During the maintenance window, you will not be able to log in to your MyNETGEAR account (including apps), renew a subscription, or register a product. However, you will still be able to use guest checkout to purchase a new product or subscription service. Updates will be posted to Status.NETGEAR.com. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

XR500 Connectivity Issues, LAN/WIFI/ Philips Hue - 4yrs and still no fix

madnz
Tutor

XR500 Connectivity Issues, LAN/WIFI/ Philips Hue - 4yrs and still no fix

Issues Still not fixed, running latest firmware release not beta.. still waiting on beta to test...

1. Anything wired still has intermittent drop outs.
  2. (Wired) I can connect to NAS via Local IP and Finder which I couldn't do before.. wireless is still an issue..
  3. (Wifi) I can sort of connect to the NAS local IP however it literally takes 5 minutes to load up and then takes another 5 minutes to log in and sometimes will just give me a white screen or a server busy/timeout message. So still an issue here.
  4. (Wifi) I can not connect to my NAS via finder at all.
  5. (Wifi) Media Servers on the NAS have the same issue as 3. taking too long too load/not loading at all.. As I'm typing this entire thing the media servers have still failed to load.
  6. On the plus side.. I can access the NAS via its external IP but this is ridiculous I should be able to access it locally.
  7. One thing I have noticed though is when I have it in router mode these issues tend to be worse than when I have it in AP mode, almost as if this router was not made to be stand alone but is marketed as one..

Can someone at Netgear fix this or invite me to the Beta test? Thanks 

Message 1 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: XR500 Connectivity Issues, LAN/WIFI/ Philips Hue - 4yrs and still no fix

NetDuma is providing a private beta test project for users interested in helping test new FW for only the NETGEAR XR500. NetDuma is hosting and providing FW builds on there forum web site:

https://forum.netduma.com

Users interested in testing beta FW for the NETGEAR XR500 need to create a NetDuma forum user account there then request access to the build there.

FYI, this is only for the NETGEAR XR500 model router currently. It will be up to NetDuma to provide other builds for other XR series models if and when they decide and they become available.

For any and all use, help, support and information regarding this NetDuma beta test, please refer to there support site and forum community and post there.

Good Luck.

Message 2 of 3
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Re: XR500 Connectivity Issues, LAN/WIFI/ Philips Hue - 4yrs and still no fix

I believe you have access now and have posted in the beta topic so I'll reply to you there.
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7