× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

XR500 Ethernet ports die randomly

Ernswell
Aspirant

XR500 Ethernet ports die randomly

Just as the title says XR500 Ethernet ports die randomly

Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 6
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Re: XR500 Ethernet ports die randomly

Are you saying ALL ports disconnect so you won't have internet at all and wired devices lose connection to the router while WiFi devices lose internet but are still connected to the router?

When does this happen? How often? When did it start? As much information as you could give please would be helpful.
Message 2 of 6
Ernswell
Aspirant

Yes all of them randomly disconnect but they come back after a few seconds but thats enough to kick me out of games with a flashing orange light in my ethernet cord. This has been going on for months and i thought it was my internet provider but lately I upgraded My PC to a New motherboard among other things and i have been using the built in wifi of the motherboard and have not experience a disconnection once Then i switch back to my wired connection i disconnect right away with the Ethernet port flashing orange. 

Only my gaming PC is hard wired connected to the router and like i said i have tried all ports and its the same. 

I Downloaded the latest firmware today hoping for a fix but it made it worse cause not only does my ethernet port still not work properly  now all the youtube videos and when i watch a twitch stream is getting a audio lag....  Im really disappointed right now for buying such a expensive "GAMING" router

Message 3 of 6
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

I'm assuming you've tried with different ethernet cables as well? If so and WiFi is fine then it sounds like you may have a faulty unit so I would look into getting it replaced. If you create a ticket here http://support.netgear.com/ Netgear should be able to help.
Message 4 of 6
Ernswell
Aspirant

How long is the warranty? I bought it last year on april 2018

Message 5 of 6
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

I think that will depend on the retailer and whether you bought extended warranty but it is usually a year. If you create a ticket with Netgear they may be able to help further.
Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7