× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

XR500 Intermittent LAN Drops

datura
Aspirant

XR500 Intermittent LAN Drops

Current firmware: 2.3.2.130 (factory reset after downgrading)

DHCP range: 192.168.1.100-200

Reserved addresses: 192.168.2-50

DNS: 1.1.1.1/8.8.8.8

All QOS features disabled

IPv6 disabled

UPnP disabled

Smart Connect disabled

ISP: Spectrum

Modem: Spectrum D3.1 eMTA

Both 2.4 and 5GHz networks remain online when ethernet devices drop connection. The router does not power cycle.

This has been an ongoing problem for the past 3 months when the router was on 2.3.2.134. My ISP has already been here and was unable to find any WAN issue. I've used every LAN port and different cables and the problem persists. What am I missing? This is a daily occurrence and has made my network completely unreliable. Each time the drop occurs I need to reboot the router.

Message 1 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: XR500 Intermittent LAN Drops

What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

Be sure your using a good quality LAN cable between the modem and router. CAT6 is recommended. 

Has a factory reset and setup from scratch been performed since last FW update? A complete pull of the power adapters for a period of time after the factory reset then walk thru the setup wizard and setup from scratch with a wired PC and web browser. Recommend setting the default DHCP IP address pool range to the following after applying and a factory reset: 192.168.#.100 to 192.168.#.200.
https://kb.netgear.com/24089/How-do-I-specify-the-pool-of-IP-addresses-assigned-by-my-Nighthawk-rout...

Be sure to no change the DNS or uPnP settings, leave them at default for now...

Might go over to NetDuma web site and ask about the beta they are testing for the XR500. 

Message 2 of 5
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

If you could provide the log file from the System Information page I can take a further look and it may shed light on what may be happening.
Message 3 of 5
datura
Aspirant

Sure, thank you for your time. It's still an ongoing issue.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1XOZZ_ub5Yf0t_TR345KedW9cCSjy9x4O/view?usp=sharing

Message 4 of 5
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Okay that's interesting, all I can see is attempted remote logins, it's happening all the time, twice a second in some cases. Have you got remote management enabled or have a device in the DMZ on the XR or have disabled any options in WAN Settings at all?
Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7