× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

XR500 Internet Cutting out then reconnects

LiftYourGame
Tutor

XR500 Internet Cutting out then reconnects

Hey all. Currently using the Netgear XR500. Had the latest firmware installed yet every 2 to 3 days I would have the internet cut out and what I needed to do was restart the router AND modem to get the internet back.

After reading these forums I then downloaded V2.3.2.32 and installed this firmware and the issues aren't as bad HOWEVER the internet still cuts out for maybe 30 seconds then reconnects, every 2-3 days as per the previous issue. I don't need to restart the router or modem however it is still an issue. I had the XR300 prior to this as mentioned above and the issue with that was my upload speed every night would drop to 1mbp/s and never recover until hours later.

I've been reading that V2.3.2.32 should have fixed my issues but i am still having these disconnects. Anyone on the BETA firmware seen this issue fixed or aleviated? Hoping that downloading the latest firmware fixes this issues. I guess every 2 days I can turn the router off and on again and not have the problem but yeah just sucks that these DUMA Netgear routers have so many issues.

Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 5
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Re: XR500 Internet Cutting out then reconnects

I would recommend you reinstall whichever firmware you'd prefer via TFTP. This gets around the boot process so if there are any issues there you'll bypass them: https://kb.netgear.com/000059634/How-to-upload-firmware-to-a-NETGEAR-router-using-Windows-TFTP then do a factory reset and it will be as fresh an install as you can get.

If it's the issue I think it is then a fix by Netgear will be in one of the next builds.

Message 2 of 5
LiftYourGame
Tutor

So should I install the beta firmware OR reinstall this current version as fresh as possible?
Message 3 of 5
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

I'm assuming you don't have access to the beta firmware so either the one you're on or .56
Message 4 of 5
LiftYourGame
Tutor

I received an email with access to the beta firmware hence why I was asking if I should stick to this current firmware I have and do another fresh install or install the beta firmware. I might do what yoiui said but with the beta firmware and see how that goes.

Message 5 of 5
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7