× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

XR500 Reboots itself

CybeRise
Aspirant

XR500 Reboots itself

Hi I purchased an XR500 several months ago. I started with the intial firmware it came with and it kept rebooting on its own. I was on the .120 for about a month but the rebooting kept happening. Today i upgraded to V2.3.2.130 and about 2 hours later it rebooted again. I know it reboots because all my devices get disconnected and my lights turn red. I have Spectrum and have their modem. I had a different negear router and this never happened. It would never go down. This is very dissapointing as I work from home and it keeps going down throughout the day. I changed the admin pass and the wifi password. Other than that I have nothing special on it. I did factory reset the router after the firmware upgrade. I checked DUMAS and it shows the .120 on the System Information screen and on top right it shows the .130. I checked these forums and none of the suggestions has fixed my issue. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Current Firmware version is: V2.3.2.130

System information shows:

Board ModelFirmware VersionDumaOS Version

XR500
V2.3.2.120
Message 1 of 4
plemans
Guru

Re: XR500 Reboots itself

Have you noticed it reboot while you're doing anything special? Like downloading large files/transferring a lot of data? 

Or when you have more than a certain amount of devices on it? 

Have you checked its power supply? I've seen some devices fail (not supply enough power) under load. 

Message 2 of 4
CybeRise
Aspirant

Hey thanks for your reply. 

There is no real situation where it happens. Even the games i play are not high demanding. I play Starcraft 2 and Hearthstone at the moment. I have played high demand games, but while playing those i havent seen it drop. I did check on the power adapter as others have mentioned. I even plugged it in directly to an outlet. I have a Monster Power to regulate the voltage and none of my other devices experience this. What sucks is the log on this. It has memory built in and some storage? Why not have the log save itself so we could see what was happening right before the reboot. As of last i posted it has not dropped. I unplugged everything and plugged everything back in. Sometimes it could just be a loose cable. I'll advise tomorrow if it went down again.  

Message 3 of 4
Netduma-Liam
NetDuma Partner

Let us know if the issue occurs again. Another thing I'd suggest doing is factory resetting after the firmware upgrade. This can help clear out and low-level issues left over from the previous firmware.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7