× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

XR500 drops connection and power restarts randomly

GeneralSwift
Initiate

XR500 drops connection and power restarts randomly

My XR500 randomly drops connection from modem and cuts off completely then restarts. I have the latest firmware version 2.3.2.56. Is there a different firmware or solution that could fix this problem or is my hardware defective? 

Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 5
BillyThePhish
Initiate

Re: XR500 drops connection and power restarts randomly

I am having the same problem. Installed the router this morning with 0 issues - has the most recent firmare. Ran perfectly for about 10 hours. For the past 2 hours in has been rebooting every 2-10 minutes.

Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 2 of 5
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Is the router plugged into a power extender? If possible could you plug this directly into a wall outlet as that can sometimes resolve issues like this. What is the modem model? Give the router a static WAN IP and see if that resolves it.

@BillyThePhish, try plugging directly into a wall outlet but if that doesn't fix it then sounds like you have a hardware fault and should get that replaced.
Message 3 of 5
BillyThePhish
Initiate

It was plugged into a power extender. I plugged it directly into a wall outlet and it has been working since.

Thank you!
Message 4 of 5
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Great to hear that, thanks for giving us an update!
Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7