× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

XR500

Charlietooth
Tutor

XR500

Hi guys ! Happy new year to all of you , just purchased this amazing router and im having a problem with my Samsung smart TV , tv can't connect to ethernet via wifi or via cable . Can someone tell me the solution please . Thanks in advance .
Message 1 of 9
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Re: XR500

Happy New Year! What does it say when it can't connect exactly? For WiFi you may need to disable Smart Connect and try to connect it manually to 2.4 or 5GHz.
Message 2 of 9
Charlietooth
Tutor

Right i managed to connect to wifi , everything works on tv apart from Siptv app , im using that app to watch iptv channels and it wont open any channels . Dont know why

Message 3 of 9
Charlietooth
Tutor

It's somehow blocking iptv from playing , cause im getting stream cant play error.

Message 4 of 9
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

This might be related to an issue we're looking into, disable QoS completely from the Congestion Control menu does it work then?
Message 5 of 9
Charlietooth
Tutor

Still doesn't work

Message 6 of 9
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Did you disable it like this?

Message 7 of 9
Charlietooth
Tutor

That did the trick , thank you very much

😊

Message 8 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

Please mark your thread as solved so others will know. Be sure to save off a back up configuration to file for safe keeping. Saves time if a reset is needed.
https://kb.netgear.com/24231/How-do-I-back-up-the-router-configuration-settings-on-my-Nighthawk-rout...
Enjoy. 📡

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7