× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

XR700 looses configuration after power down

Tou
Aspirant
Aspirant

XR700 looses configuration after power down

Every power failure from the electricy network causes router to loose it's configuration.

I have two different routers and behave exactly the same. HW or SW bug?

Model: XR700|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 8
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Re: XR700 looses configuration after power down

Might be that the power surges before going out. Do you have them connected to surge protectors?
Message 2 of 8
Tou
Aspirant
Aspirant

It is observed and repeatable even if I have it on APC UPS and turn UPS off by power button.

Router has bad electrical design or config refresh in memory. The flash memory shall not be broken by power down in any router or modem. It wasn't in any flash device I owned from 2002.

Message 3 of 8
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Re-flash the same firmware and then do a factory reset just in case it was corrupted during a previous update.
Message 4 of 8
Tou
Aspirant
Aspirant

I've bought 2 XR700 devices in diferent time from different countries - from UK and Germany.

Both have the same problem.

After update I setup it and reboot (on power) and everything is ok, but if I power it off (by plug simulating power failure) during work and power on again, it starts with blank config.

I have bought also spare power supply to test - behaviour without change.

Another problem is something wrong with LAN ports detection 1Gbps - it drops mostly to 100MBps. My old TP-link is 1GBps on LAN ports without any problem.R7800 I own works also correctly on 1GBps.

Message 5 of 8
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

I've seen this rarely, but certainly not with two different routers so it is very strange. Does it make you do the setup wizard again? When it drops to 100 are you limited to that speed or do you get what you expect?
Message 6 of 8
Tou
Aspirant
Aspirant

The link speed is then downgraded (I see on the 3com switch 100M).

I restore config from backup, but it is not the way it should work.

Message 7 of 8
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Did you reflash the firmware and then do a reset? Also are you using VLAN? That is the only option I can see that could be affecting ports individually.
Message 8 of 8
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7