× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Xr500 DHCP lease change

syycoe
Aspirant

Xr500 DHCP lease change

Hello I am having problems with everything disconnecting every 15mins coinciding with lease times,everything reconnects eventually but it is impossible to game as getting kicked all the time and have reverted back to isp router,tried setting reserved up’s turning off DHCP but nothing works if I turn it off as TalkTalk connect via DHCP,if I revert to an old FW is there 1 which didn’t have this problem,have signed up to the beta in hope it is fixed but with 2 teenagers constantly complaining about disconnects it is causing a problem
Many thanks
Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 6
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Re: Xr500 DHCP lease change

Is this happening on wired devices as well? In Internet Setup switch to Static there and see if that helps. Also if you go to Settings > Monitoring > Connection Status what does DHCP lease say for obtained/expires?
Message 2 of 6
syycoe
Aspirant

Do I copy the ip from dynamic to the static details,lease obtained 15mins
Message 3 of 6
syycoe
Aspirant

Happening hardwired and wireless it is coinciding with the lease change,occasionally you cannot connect for a minute or 2 after change
Message 4 of 6
Solarnotts
Aspirant

Netgear and Duma know about this, I've had countless conversations with them via Facebook.

All they say we are aware, But it'll be fixed in the next firmware. Which is in BETA.

Could be months or knowing Duma years, I have the XR500 too and its just an expensive door stop atm feel terribly ripped off that they can actually get away with selling this when it doesn't even fuction correctly.

They give you all these work arounds when it shouldn't be that way, Your charging £250 for door stop!

Message 5 of 6
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

On your ISP router give the XR router a static IP, just the same one that it has already and also put it in the DMZ. On the XR you just need to click static and it will assume the same settings, so you can then apply it.
Message 6 of 6
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7