× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Are there better antennas for the RAX41 router

Corneileous
Aspirant

Are there better antennas for the RAX41 router

Just as the title says, I’m curious if there’s better antennas on Amazon or so that are better than the ones that came with it, thanks.
Message 1 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Are there better antennas for the RAX41 router

Anything is possible. Might be better high gain antenna available. I see these are detachable so technically you could swap out stock for something different. Other factors should be reviewed as well. Designed of the router is intended for use with that comes with the router. There maybe limiting or environmental factors that can contribute to good and bad wifi operations. 

Message 2 of 6
plemans
Guru

What actual issue are you having? 

Reason I say that is the router isn't usually the issue. They routers can broadcast at higher strength than what your phone/mobile device can so usually the downfall is the actual device you're using. 

If your devices are to far away, thats when you start looking at mesh systems or extenders. 

Message 3 of 6
microchip8
Master

The stock antennas that come with the router are already suited to provide decent signals as much as possible.

Do keep in mind. You can't beat physics at its own game. Adding higher gain antennas doesn't mean you'll get a better/longer signal since the router is set at a specific transmit power to comply with FCC and others.
Message 4 of 6
Corneileous
Aspirant

I did find out from a Netgear support agent that the antennas that come with this router are 3dBi and I did see some antennas on Amazon that claim to be around eight and 10 but there’s so many to choose from, I’m not really sure which ones would actually help or not.

If you don’t mind and if you have a couple minutes to spare, could you go on Amazon and look at probably the same antennas I was looking at and tell me if you know which ones would work or which ones you would choose?

I typed router antenna in the search bar and these were 3 types I thought would work.

Bingfu 4G LTE Cellular Trail Camera Antenna 8dBi RP-SMA Male Antenna (2-Pack) Compatible with Spypoint Link Micro Solar EVO Link S Dark Flex Wildlife Hunting Game Cam Outdoor Mobile Security Camera https://a.co/d/hhnyXfJ

Bingfu Dual Band WiFi 2.4GHz 5GHz 5.8GHz 3dBi MIMO RP-SMA Male Antenna (2-Pack) for WiFi Router Wireless Network Card USB Adapter Security IP Camera Video Surveillance Monitor https://a.co/d/1qNC7Bp

Bingfu Dual Band WiFi 2.4GHz 5GHz 5.8GHz 8dBi MIMO RP-SMA Male Antenna (4-Pack) for WiFi Router Wireless Network Card USB Adapter Security IP Camera Video Surveillance Monitor https://a.co/d/2SXcVr0
Message 5 of 6
Corneileous
Aspirant

Microchip8,

That’s just what I wasn’t sure of because I’ve read where people said they did help and people said they didn’t help so being that they’re inexpensive, I figured the best thing to do is try them and if they work, great, but if they don’t, then I’ll just return them.
Message 6 of 6
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7