× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Cannot get 2nd set of nighthawk satellites to connect to first set

loiler
Initiate

Cannot get 2nd set of nighthawk satellites to connect to first set

Hello,

I am hoping I am posting to a Nighthawk community support. I purchased 2 - Mesh Wifi 6 systems from Costco (big box store). The package came each with 1 router and two satellites. I want to take the second package and turn all three units into satellites including the router to place around my house. Each system has their own unique network code. The first package is working, but how do I change the network code for the 2nd router to be the same as the first router and same with the second set of satellite units. Anyone have a suggestion?

Thank you!

LOiler

Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Cannot get 2nd set of nighthawk satellites to connect to first set

HI Loiler, 

For the second package, in order for all 3 units to work, you will need to set the router in access point mode. Otherwise, you may use 1 package and sync it with the other 2 satellites from the second package. If you need any assistance, you may also contact our support team as newly purchased devices are provided with 90 days of complimentary support. 

https://www.netgear.com/support/default.aspx

Christian 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Cannot get 2nd set of nighthawk satellites to connect to first set

HI Loiler, 

For the second package, in order for all 3 units to work, you will need to set the router in access point mode. Otherwise, you may use 1 package and sync it with the other 2 satellites from the second package. If you need any assistance, you may also contact our support team as newly purchased devices are provided with 90 days of complimentary support. 

https://www.netgear.com/support/default.aspx

Christian 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7