× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Emty openvpn files on the Nighthawk RAX40

Retired_Member
Not applicable

Emty openvpn files on the Nighthawk RAX40

Hello Netgear community,

Last summer i bought the nighthawk RAX40 wifi 6 router, everything is working great except the vpn server. When i enable the vpn server and download the configuration files, the files in the zip file are emty, only the .ovpn file has some configuration in it but the certificate and key files are emty. I already tried resetting the router to system defaults, updating to the latest firmware, downgrading to earlier firmware, changing the ddns settings and changed the vpn server settings with different tun and tap modes. Is there any other solution to this problem?

Model: RAX40|Nighthawk AX4 4-Stream WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Emty openvpn files on the Nighthawk RAX40

Hello,

Please refer to page 131 of the user manual linked below to set up a VPN connection on the RAX40.

https://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/RAX40/RAX40_UM_EN.pdf

Christian 

Message 2 of 3
ToVine
Initiate

Re: Emty openvpn files on the Nighthawk RAX40

Hi Christian,

This reply doesn't help - as the original poster said, all the files in the config archives downloaded from the router web interfaces are empty; there is no certificate or key data so connection is impossible.

Is there a way to fix this, or could you release a new firmware version that's not broken?

Model: RAX40|Nighthawk AX4 4-Stream WiFi Router
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7