× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Firmware 3.2.17.12. Update for Orbi app

jkk4_1998
Apprentice

Firmware 3.2.17.12. Update for Orbi app

So, I do not want to manually download the latest firmware. I've always done it thru the Orbi app on my iPhone. Anyone know when Netgear plans on releasing this update via the app? Current firmware on app still shows 3.2.16.22. I know they delay putting on app on previous versions, but this has been over a month now.

Message 1 of 6
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Firmware 3.2.17.12. Update for Orbi app

Hi jkk4_1998,

Have you had a moment to reinstall the Orbi app and/or power cycle your router? 

Christian 

Message 2 of 6
jkk4_1998
Apprentice

Hi Christian, just did all that and still doesn't show the new firmware.

Message 3 of 6
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello,

May you check to see if you're able to update the firmware by visiting the admin page via web browser (orbilogin.net).

Thanks,

Christian 

Message 4 of 6
jkk4_1998
Apprentice

Hi Christian, I am only able to manually download the updates in orbi login. If I do the auto check, it still list my current firmware and not the new. You know, with all the Netgear routers I've owned, probably 4-5, I have always done the manual updates. I was just hoping that now that I've got the Orbi, that it would do the auto update on the Orbi app. After all, I did update to my current firmware with the Orbi app. So why have things suddenly changed?

Message 5 of 6
jkk4_1998
Apprentice

OK, finally decided to install manually. It was the only way to get the new firmware. All is well, but using the Orbi App to update firmware is a total joke. 

Simply go to Netgears site to download the firmware. Also, glad to see that Speedtest in the Orbi app now works again. Way to go Netgear!

Message 6 of 6
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7